Hope this is ok to ask

I lost my husband very suddenly and at the time of his passing he was a Buddhist and practising to take refuge . This was something we did together but he was further along the path an I was . I was just wondering if there was any chant or mantra I could do for him . Thanks in advance

Hi Kazzer.

“Om mani padme hum” is a powerful mantra and prayer that is imbued with tremendous love, mercy and compassion. Grand Master Choa Kok Sui reveals the deeper understanding of this powerful mantra and its numerous benefits and applications. From this book, (on Amazon), one will learn more about the power of the mantra ‘Om Mani Padme Hum’ and how this can be used to achieve “yoga” or union with the higher soul".

I am a great admirer of Buddhism. It has elements that are lacking in other religions. Doing no harm to other sentient beings. Even an ant has it’s life.
The Lotus is a powerful symbol in Buddhism. It can live in the dirtiest of swamps, but the water runs off its flowers and leaves without leaving a mark. If we could take life in this way then all would be well with us.
We live in a world largely devoid of compassion. But if we can allow the negativity to wash over us without any reaction we have arrived. Very difficult for the Western mind. I wish you every success in your practise.
“Walk on”. John.

2 Likes

Jonathan123 thank you for your informative reply I have been doing the mantra you have recommended and yes it is very powerful . I do intend to continue with the Buddhist meditations not only for myself but also in honour of Rob I do now have my mala beads with me all the time.

1 Like

Jonathan 123 I have been doing the mantra “om mani padme hum”:you recommend and I have to say it has made me feel a sense of connection to Rob so I want to take this opportunity to thank you for you very valued recommendation

That’s OK Kazzer. I too have a lot of respect for the Buddhist philosophy.
The idea of a higher Self rising above the small self with all it’s hangups and unpleasantness gives hope. There was a Catholic priest, of all people, who went to an Ashram to study Buddhism. Although he still maintained his faith, he found the serenity in silent meditation so powerful. The Quakers have this silence in their meetings. Have you come across the Koans in Buddhist meditation? ‘What is the sound of one hand clapping’ is one of them. Concentrating the mind on such questions we come to the realisation that the mind has limits. Going beyond those limits is what it’s about. There is a wall in front of you. You can’t go round it, under it or over it, so what will you do? The Western mind will go round in circles looking for answers. We are far too intellectual, and will always try and find answers to unanswerable questions. Allowing things to just BE is all that’s required. Blessings, and thanks for the post. John.