How do go on

Hi Debbie55,
Yes I did feel like that and had to change my thinking towards it as I know my beloved husband wouldn’t want me to suffer on earth and would want me to live my life that’s left with the love we both shared the hope and joy to spread it any way I can to others and that is what I’m going to do with my time left as now I share a diff relationship with Mark his body died he didn’t and be with me forever in my heart and spirit and will cherish all the good memories we had together and how lucky I was to have met him and he would want this for me .

1 Like

Hello
I sure at some point I will have to change my way off thinking
My husband Andy wouldn’t be happy if he saw the person
I am now xx

1 Like

Hiya,

I hope that I will at some point feel different but at the moment I just want to shut out the outside world which I know is not the answer. I just can’t face carrying on without out Graham so yes I know exactly how you feel. Yes we know it’s not logical to think that way but when your heart is broken and your world has been shattered logic is no longer on the agenda.
Big Hugs

Julie x

1 Like

Yes our hearts be for ever broken we will never be the same again as our life has changed forever.
It is hard and path won’t be easy with the support of others we can go on and carry our loved ones with us in our hearts .

1 Like

Hello Julie69
Have you had your appointment with the bereavement counsellor. Do you feel you will see the counsellor again.
We had Martin’s funeral Monday, spent all day Tuesday crying. I too am dreading collecting Martin’s ashes.
I feel so empty, I can’t look at my future, its too scary, besides what future is there without my Martin.
Hugs to you all xx

@Amylost

Sorry for the late reply I’m struggling at the minute🥲. So so sorry you are feeling this way . You will have probably been on some sort of auto pilot during funeral I can’t remember who was there who I spoke to it’s like an outer body experience . That was two and a half months ago and feels like yesterday. Every day just feels sad I feel lost and have been battling between I can’t carry on and I have to . It’s my first counselling session in 15 mins I think I’m expecting a miracle that doesn’t exist I will let you know how it goes. I feel exactly the same can’t see a future without Graham in it . I was his carer the last 3 years so he was my life . I was happy to do that but it meant I had to last year give up my job which I’d had 32 years . Now faced with the prospect of starting again and can’t face it :broken_heart:. Take care speak soon