How do i go on?

Im 21 and i found my boyfriend nearly 3 weeks ago after he took his own life. We worked together lived together and done everything together. My heart is broken and im petrified on how to cope

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear that your boyfriend took his own life. It is very early days for you and it is important to be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve as much as you need to in whatever ways feel right for you. Try to take things day by day and not look too far ahead.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, as it’s important to have outlets for your feelings, and people often find that writing things down here helps a tiny bit. You may wish to take a look at this post by Shannoncam01, who also lost her boyfriend at a very young age: https://support.sueryder.org/community/losing-partner/lost-my-boyfriend - her post is a few months old now, but if you wanted to post a reply, she would get an email notification and might come back and respond.

There is also an organisation called Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide, who offer lots of support including a telephone helpline, local support groups and online support. Find out more: https://uksobs.org/

Hello Sha have just read your post and though my bereavement is not the same as yours I wanted to send you a hug. I’m 3 mths now and it does get easier though not every day. The only advice I can give you is to stay busy, get out among people and cry and scream when you need to. Not very unique advice I’m afraid but it’s all I’ve got my love. Right now its all about you and you know what, you are coping. Write on here as often as you need to and someone will answer. This journey on our own is hell we can help one another. Love Kate xx

1 Like

You hang on in there sweet.im really sorry yo hear your news.ano how your feeling.its 4.19am now and I cant sleep.its 11 weeks now I lost my Lorraine and I still cant believe she as gone.she was only 40 .text anytime if you need a chat .its like your hearts been pulled out

Hi Sha. My heart goes out to you. What an awful thing to happen. What can any of us say. But the circumstances of death in any way still lead to pain and grief. And it’s that we need cope with. Everyone on here is so kind and please keep coming back. I know words at the moment may not mean much to you, but keep posting. Bottling up emotions is not good. On here you can express how you feel because we all know only too well.
Compassion and care can only be expressed in words. We are all with you at this time. Feeling afraid of the future, petrified as you put it, is common in anxiety. At your age death is new to you; difficult to understand and to bear.
My Blessings go with you and love and light be with you too.