How do we get through this

Recently lost my partner aged 56 to covid also the father to my children

Hello Susie, I am so sorry for the loss of your partner. It’s the toughest, most excruciating pain in the world. I’m sorry too, that your children have lost their dad. How many children do you have? How old?

How do we get through this? I don’t honestly know but we do. It’s now been 3 years since my husband died and here I am. I miss him every single minute of every single day. My love for him continues to grow. Who would have thought that we could fall more in love with someone who has passed? This site has played a huge part in my journey and has been a comfort. I hope it helps you too Susie. You are not alone in your grief. Sending love and hugs xx

2 Likes

Thankyou kate I have a 13 week old baby to sp she was 8 weeks old when her daddy passed .sorry to hear about your loss to .I dont no how i have remained so strong iost my 8 month old sister when I was 15 then my son has had cancer for 5 years and now this my partner of 24 years it’s like one big nightmare xx

Oh Susie, I am so sorry your little one has lost her daddy. I hope your son is recovering from his cancer. What a lot you have to cope with. It brings a quote to mind:
‘You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.’
Take comfort from your darling children. Your man lives on in them. Stay strong Susie xx

1 Like

Suie,
You are having a rough time and I am so sorry that your partner died, it must be heartbreaking for you, especially so soon after you gave birth.
When you have the time please will you continue posting? to let all of us know how you are. You will find that all the members here are very compassionate and understanding.
Take care,
Blessings,
MaryL

2 Likes

Hi so sorry for your recent loss it’s very tough & a struggle to get through each day but keep on posting on here when you feel you can and others know and understand about losing their soulmate and loved ones. I recently lost my husband suddenly he was only 42. I also have kids 14 & 22 and I honestly don’t know where I would be without our girls . Your doing great xx

3 Likes