How do you carry on?

It was so good and comforting to read what you had to say. I am constantly being told that things do get easier with time but, for now, I cannot see this. I am distraught and long to be alongside my husband. For now, each day is a struggle and at age 75 I can do without this. I long to be told that I will eventually climb out of this black pit. Thinking of you.

You seem very down right now Sheila. Sending warm regards and compassionate thoughts. Tina.

1 Like

How are you Sheila? I am now into my fifth week of widowhood and still feeling utterly devastated after my husband’s passing. Every day is a nightmare from beginning to end. I only find peace when I am asleep. For now I am only existing. There just has to be some light at the end of this long and dark tunnel. Have you seen it yet? Hope you are feeling better.

Hello Rosa,
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Ten weeks is not very long to grieve for your husband. I lost mine in February this year, and although he had been terminally ill for some time, it has still been a very hard and lonely experience. I cannot imagine what it has been like for you, losing yours so suddenly, but I have found that simply taking each day as it comes is a calm and soothing way to live. There is no rush to get rid of your husband’s things, grief is a different journey for each one of us, and only you will know when the time is right. You may even find that when do you feel ready, you will want to keep a few special things for years if not forever. And although it does not seem so at this time, there will come a day when you see and feel a little spark of sunshine, a small ray of hope that all will be well for you. Take care, and treat yourself kindly, Jayne xxx