How to cope being alone

Lost my partner 6 weeks ago I miss her an cant cope with being alone, every thing is pointless

5 Likes

Hello Phil56

Welcome to our Community. I am so sorry to read about the recent loss of your partner. That is so tough for you and no text book can prepare you for the loss of a loved one.

I am glad you are able to share how you are feeling here and hope that you find this community a good source of support for you. Everyone on this community has experienced loss and will understand and support what you are going through. You are not alone and everything is not pointless even if it feels like it right now. You are very much in the early stages of grief.

I would like to guide you to Cruse Bereavement Support freephone 0808 808 1677 (7 days a week). They are helpful and supportive.

You can also connect to members of the community on here who have experienced what you are going through.

Take care.

Hi Phil, in so sorry for your recent loss. It’s been 19months since my husband passed away aged 47 from multiple cancers only diagnosed 6 weeks before he passed.
It is hard the quietness,. Loneliness this site is invaluable and many people are here for you. Try and look after yourself and eat and drink. Your wife lives on in you’re heart and in your memories and there’s no timetable for grief you go through it at your own pace and in your own way. Take care x

1 Like

Thanks Debbie
That’s it exactly. It takes time, and you must get out of the house regularly