How to cope without her

My partner passed away 6 months ago. We where together for 7 years and she was my whole world, literarily the love and centre of my life. She overdosed and died. I struggle with my memories of seeing her braindead. And feel so much guilt for not being there that day to save her. That I never did more that last week. Lastly I feel like I have lost all meaning my health has got so bad since her death and suicide is a very real possibility to me. To escape from the pain of not having her anymore and to escape the sham of a life that awaits me. Has anyone any advice

I am saddened by your post. I know; we all know. The pain is indescribable.
It sounds to me as if you need urgent help. Please, please don’t make any hasty decisions. The way you feel now may not be the way you feel later.
Have you tried to get professional help? Your GP for instance? The Samaritans are always available to talk to as we all are on here.
If you are trying to go it alone don’t! There is so much help available these days.
Come back and talk whenever you want. Unloading is so important and although our help can only be virtual it is still help. Guilt can be very painful. I do know, but flogging yourself will not help, and is it what your loved one would have wanted for you?
Now take care, and please come back if you feel you want to talk.

Take care.

1 Like

Hi Leslie, I’m so sorry to hear that your partner has passed away after an overdose and that you are feeling so guilty and as though life has lost all meaning.

I am worried to hear that you feel as though suicide is a very real possibility. If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Even if you aren’t at risk of harming yourself now, it’s still important to reach out and get some
support with these feelings. The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org)

Sue Ryder also offers online bereavement counselling. This is a free service and sessions are held via
video chat so you can attend from home. Find out more and register: www.sueryder.org/counselling

It’s really important that keep yourself safe, Leslie. There is support out there, so please reach out
to one of these services.

We care about you and you deserve to get help.
Be safe,
Priscilla
Community Manager