How will we wean ourselves out of lockdown

Many of us bereaved people this year have spent most of our time alone, indoors and possibly with no means of transport. Many have families that live away too. Despite the fact that we don’t like it we are getting used to our life of isolation. What will it be like when we are allowed to see more people, or maybe a lot of our friends have dropped away during lockdown? Will we have to listen to more platitudes and ‘advice’ about how to live our lives when freedom is upon us?
Until now we have lived in our own little world. Will we be sad to see the end of lockdown or will we be pleased to be released from it at last? What do others think.
Love and light. x

3 Likes

Hi Jean2

Similar to Tillwemeetagain I have been in a bubble with my son and his partner as they are key workers. Need to see my daughter as she lives in the South East and has struggled since her dad died and no family contact.

Some family members have stayed in contact through text - clearly do not want to speak to me and hear responses they do not want to hear - but only to tell me the problems they are having. No mention of my husband or to ask how our kids are. Despite people’s protests that lockdown will make them more considerate etc. their actions (or lack of) suggest otherewise and therefore the rest of the world can offer me nothing since my husband died.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I actually can’t wait for the end of lockdown because I need people and friends. I have good friends who have kept in touch and most are supportive. I love to go out with them although my home life will never be the same without my soulmate. I love to chat and we share problems and realise we are not losing our minds. Most of my friends understand my situation because they are widowed or divorced so we are all like minded. I just want some kind of normality again although I know it will be a different normality.

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss. I find being alone has allowed me to grieve when and where I want. There are pros and cons. I find some people use lockdown to avoid having to deal with the issue. It is an excuse for people to dodge have awkward conversations with me about my hubby. Other people have been extra specially good. I think the division line is along the same lines as in real life - some people are good at acknowledging your loss, others not. I know I just want to talk about hubby all the time and most people are not comfortable with that. I do worry at the end of lockdown will I burst into tears at inappropriate times in public :flushed:.
Xx