Hurting so much with out you.

It is so hard when you loss the love of your life. Sadly we all on here knows what its like unfortunately.

2 Likes

I know u all do and that is s comfort … ive realised that the people who its not happened to havent got a flipping clue how hard it is have they ? X

1 Like

I know. They I’ve stop calling or coming around or just don’t talk about our loved ones that have left us. I have got people around me but since tre passed away never felt so alone without her.

:frowning: i love to talk about them too dont you ? Keeps their memory alive x

2 Likes

I do every change i have it keeps her alive to me.

2 Likes

@Martju Thinking of you. After the funeral was the most overwhelming and painful time for me and many others here. Post as you need. Love and support xx

3 Likes

Agreed !!! Xx

So hurtful. My husband wanted to come home but he was told he he couldn’t or he would lose his hospital bed. It with hindsight sometimes I wish I had taken him home as he was five weeks in there bored stiff and nothing worked in the end although he fought for his life only to have it all for nothing. He fell out if bed the night before he died

2 Likes

I am so sorry. I can’t believe its still happening when our loved ones that want to come home and be in tgere own bed with there loved ones. My wife wanted to sign herself out 2 weeks before she passed away but myself and her daughter persuaded her to say in as we thought it was best for her. How wrong was i. I live with that every day. All she wanted was to come home.

3 Likes

Theyre so stupid in hospital arent they ? They tried to keep him in hospitsl too ! Idiots when they know theyre poorly ! My husband came home but he only lasted a week after that :frowning: but he was at home and he wanted to be at home ! It was traumatuc though ! Boy was it traumatic :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeh my husband too ! He fought until the end ! Makes me cry when i think about how he fought :frowning: xx

1 Like

It is so hard we have to fight to have our loved one with use. And there wishes to be taken in to account. In the time where the are so scared, so alone. All they wonted is to be with there loved ones. Im so shocked this happens more then i e ever thought possible.

I think its a disgrace ! We have gone back in time ! The NHS is more like something from the 1950’s … its worse than i can ever remember and we are in 2023 !! I worked on and off in the NHS most of my working life and im ashamed they are so woeful ! Needs a complete overhaul and modernisation x

Its si true, my soul mate best and only friend, my beautiful wifey spent her last 4 weeks alive, alone afraid and just wishing to have me with her. They kept her in there for some reason why we cannot figure out at all. The know within the first hours that it was cancer. But didn’t say to her or me. They put her through hell. Writing on her notes do not share information to patient or her family. Tre got told all alone by a doctor that was on his own on Christmas day… i now will nether believe anythink the NHS ever say to me again. I know they lie, put our loved one thought pain, Anguish and don’t respect there final wishes. All my wife wanted was to come home the stole her last wishes away from her. And i will nether forgive them for that… never.

2 Likes

Gosh thats disgraceful ! Dont worry we had to prize everything out of them too and only did so by constantly complaining all the time ! Theyre bloody idiots thats what they are!!! Its a national disgrace!
I met my cousin who was a nurse until she retired in france and she was shocked at some of the treatment my husband had! You know in france and nearly every other western country nothing is as bad as the crap service we get here ! As somebody said to me - its a third world service !!!

1 Like

@Mikeb
You only did what you believed was best for your wife in persuading her to stay in. It’s what anyone would do if they thought there was a chance of successful treatment for what ails their loved one. You must not punish yourself for that, although it’s a perfectly normal part of grief to do so.
Hugs
Karen xxx

1 Like

I agree - ypu do punish yoursekf with what ifs , should i have done this, should i have done that ? You know what whichever way you do it - its horrible ! With a horrible outcome xxx

1 Like

The things they done to her was unreal. The just hid everything behind covid.
Myself was the most confidence person i have ever known in my life. But how they made her feel, she was so depressed i begged them to have her to speak to a psychologist but they would not even get one to come in to her. Or even on the phone. She court covid 6 days after going in the hospital. Then they left her in a room all alone watching elderly people pass away in from for her.

Yes I feel so sad in retrospect as I couldn’t cope even before he went into hospital as not well myself then too much trying to care for each other

2 Likes

Good old NHS … flipping useless ! Xx