I am feeling so lost and alone.

I have just lost my beautiful Border collie Merlin and I am heartbroken he died suddenly this afternoon. He was 10yrs old. He and my other three dogs have helped me through the loss of my husband Peter last April to covid I don’t think I could have gone on without them. Can’t cope with another death. In the last 4yrs I have lost my father then my husband and my lovely collie.

1 Like

Oh Jen, I am so very sorry for you, I can’t think how you feel. I have a little cat and if anything happened to her I really don’t know I would deal with that loss.
There are sites just for people who have lost pets and I hope it may help. Keep posting because we are all here for you.

http://www.support.org.uk/problems/pet-bereavement/

Take care and give your dogs extra cuddles. S xxx

1 Like

Hi Jen
I’m so sorry about the loss of your dog. I have a 9 year old cat Bibi. There is just me and her and I’d be devastated if anything happened to her. I lost my mum in April and at Bibi’s annual health check in August I was told that she had a heart murmur. Thankfully its only a mild one and she appears to be well. Still likes going out and playing with me. But at the time I thought I’ve only just lost mum. I can’t lose Bibi too!

I’m so sorry for the loss of both your father and your husband.

Take care and look after yourself. I hope that your other 3 dogs give you lots of love and affection.

Oh Jen, my heart goes out to you. Our pets are so special as they help us cope & they truly seem to understand. Love your other 3 dogs, you will get through this together. I totally understand your heartbreak. So very, very sorry

1 Like

Dear Susie. Sue. and Janet. Thank you all for your kind words. I have felt really down these last few days I keep looking too the places where Merlin liked to lay especially the front room sofa he would always take his treats there. Since my husband died last year I have felt numb inside and this has made me feel worse. My other dogs seem to know something is wrong I have given them all a cuddle. Xx
I

3 Likes