I cannot go back to the hospital

In July I took my husband to hospital for a routine operation only it all went wrong and he died in August.
I clearly remember waving to him as he walked along a glass corridor into hospital well now I have to have a op at the same hospital and I to will have to walk along the same corridor only I will have no one to wave to but I can’t do it I can’t walk along there and not cry my eyes out plus after what happened to jim I don’t want to go. I would also be on same ward as him I just feel so upset to think I might have to be there I’m not really scared of dying because I would be with jim if I did and out of this cruel world . Just the thought of walking where he did the last time I saw him its like torture.

3 Likes

I had the same, for me I walked through the hospital another way so approached the corridor from the opposite way which seemed to change it enough for me to cope & I spoke to the hospital told them my concerns & asked that I wasn’t put in the same bay in the ward that my husband was.

I tried to change hospitals and was told I could but there next slot was months down the line but might be something you could look at! Have a word with your GP?

It is torture isn’t it! I remember my husband walking into the hospital ward before his operation for pancreatic cancer. They had stopped his chemo for a while to build him up and he looked so much better than he had done for months. He carried the weight of his bag and waved to me thinking he had a chance of surviving the cancer. I will never forget that image because the operation rendered him back to a state of total weakness and unable to eat and I had to watch him slowly loose all the weight he had gained and then pass away…I would dread ever having to go to that hospital again so I know exactly how you feel. Please discuss your concerns beforehand with the hospital staff.

1 Like

I also live in fear of ever having to return to the hospital my beloved husband died in. One year on and I’m haunted by flashbacks of that dreadful place every single day. The hospital is really close to where I live and I can’t even walk past it. Too many bad memories. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I worry about what I would do God forbid if I have to go there. I don’t think I could do it.

1 Like