I cant cope

I lost my mum 18 months ago .I miss her every single day ,she was my best friend .4 weeks ago i lost my Dad .I feel so lost i just dont know what to do .I feel i have no purpose in life now and just dont know how to get through this .short message i know but could probably write about them forever ,how do people cope x

3 Likes

Hello Chaz1,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and dad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hi I lost both my parents in a short space of time take each day as it comes it gets a bit easy in time you never stop missing them but just think of all the happy memories

1 Like

Snowwhite 21
Thank you for your reply.I just miss them so much ,i feel like i’ll never be happy again and i know thats not what they would want .my days were taken up with looking after them and now i just dont know how to fill my time

1 Like

Hi I was the same I looked after my parents and you fell lost because all your time was taken up and now nothing normal to fell that way go out for walks or just go to the shops it will pass in time and you learn to live with the new life honestly it will get a bit better my mum died 2021 dec and dad died jan 2022 I still have days we’re I could cry and I don’t think that ever goes away

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for the losses that have prompted your post. You’re still in the early days after the death of your Dad so take things as they come. It will take a while to process and adjust. Grief is brutal, it can be overwhelming. Try to develop a new routine for yourself each day. Keep it simple and don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Best wishes xx

1 Like