I don’t know how to cope

Hi , I lost my partner exactly a week ago. I had reported him missing because he wasn’t picking up the phone. I left work early because I was so worried and ran home to see if he was there. I went on the news and saw there had been a car crash with the same number plate as our car and it said the driver died at the scene. Shortly after the police came to confirm my worst fears and now I feel like my life has no meaning. I lost my best friend and my partner, I just don’t know how to cope

1 Like

hi Gabrielal
very sorry for the loss of your partner.hope you’ve got family or close friends to comfort you.nothing I can say can relieve the pain you must be going through.i lost my partner feb 10th and cant say its getting any easier.just know that there are many ladies and gents on here whove sadly lost their partners,they will no doubt know how you are feeling and how life as changed forever.and not in a good way for sure.
I hope and pray you get all the help you need.
regards
ian

1 Like

Hi… i lost my partner 3 months ago…I understand your feeling of loss…of being distraut…i sleep everynite hugging my partners pillow…talking to him…first couple of weeks crying all the time…his things everywhere…even going in his drawer still really hard…just get through one day at a time…let your grief overwelm you…heal…x

2 Likes

Oh sweetheart, I’m so sad this has happened to you. I know exactly how you feel. It happened to me three months ago. I know you will still be in shock but that will lift as the weeks go by. You WILL get through this. You will do it more easily if you engage the love and support of all those close to you. Don’t shut them out. Open your heart to them and let them support you. Take each minute at a time. Soon you’ll start to manage hours, then eventually days…your head will be all over the place and it’s hard to focus. That’s normal. Don’t expect too much of yourself. Get a note book and write everything down . You will forget things. Plan to see somebody every day, it helps. Eat something. You won’t want to, but you need energy. Be brave . You will cope…it seems impossible. But you will. Sending love. Liz x

1 Like

Hi, My heart goes out to you, i lost my partner 11 weeks ago and i understand how lost and alone you feel, This is a wonderful site for advice and making new friends it really is a great help sending love to you x

1 Like

Thanks for your messages of support…not only coping with grief…financial trouble aswell…cant pay funeral bill…not married so get no help…dont care if i go to jail…or die have some peace…x

1 Like

Hello Gabriello, I am so sorry that you have lost your partner, I am so very sorry that you found it in the way that you did.
It is horrible for you, had your partner any family who you could turn to? Have you any family?
My thoughts are with you,
I send you my love,
MaryL

1 Like