I feel so sad and sick

Come home from work today i feel so sick its 4 months in a weeks time im just so dreading christmas its constantly on my mind how do we get though it ?
I feel like im on another planet every day i fake it i hate bring without my husband.

7 Likes

Hi @Cadge,
I know that feeling well, when the person we love passes, it’s one hell of a shock, everything has changed, we spend at least the first year on autopilot, we’re so used to them being there, all their habits, all the things we’re used to doing together, having a cuddle when we’re sad, having someone to talk to, but when they go, everything changes. It’s a very harsh thing to lose someone you love.
To be honest, I think a lot of people dread Christmas for this reason, it’s a sad reminder of the empty spaces, do you have other friends or family you can spend time with at Christmas? Sending hugs of support.

2 Likes

I know its so hard . Lot of us on here atent doibg much at xmas so don’t put pressure on yourself. Do what feels right for you xx

2 Likes

I feel your pain… it’s been 9 weeks today I lost my husband and I’m just so so lost and hurt with a pain I never thought was possible…
Absolutely dreading Xmas, how our youngest isn’t going to have her daddy to finish the tree by lifting her to put the star on! :broken_heart: instead we will be placing decorations in memory of him?! Just doesn’t feel right x

3 Likes

Aw … yeh thats sad … so msny sad stories for those of us left behind xx

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss i have 2 sons 22 and 26 they will be with me just know im going to be a mess at christmas just wish i could hide away from it all xx

2 Likes

Thankyou we have just get it over with dont we its just going to be tough xx

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss its heartbreaking :broken_heart: such a cruel cruel world xxx

2 Likes

Hide away then ! Just do minimum with your sons , im sure they will understand xx

1 Like

Hi @Cadge, I know these feelings well. My gorgeous wife died on the 6th January so Christmas and the New Year are tough for me when it is already a living nightmare anyway. And as for all the shitty Christmas adverts on TV already …

My current idea for coping with this period is to stock up on ready meals, chocolate, some nice biscuits, nuts and fruit and withdraw from everything for a while. Really not interested.

All I want is for my lovely Christine to be by my side. I don’t think Santa can help me.

3 Likes

How are your sons coping please @Cadge

1 Like

Hi jol they seem ok the youngest lives with his girlfriend he seems ok but i know hes sad my other son lives with me hes ok but he cant handle me being upset i think they both are doing amazing really but i think they possibly have moments when im not around xx

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss . Yes the Christmas adverts are very upsetting i have my remote on my lap inbetween watching anything i mute the tv cant listen to it all my shopping is online so i dont have to go in shops and see it all its all too much x

3 Likes