I hate Sundays and life right now

Having a really low Sunday. Struggled to get out of bed this morning and did so with true gut-wrenching. I hate life right now and I wonder if my other half realised how badly losing him would be.

I am sorry but I also feel angry I am in this position. I do not want to be going through this and I feel like I am drowning.

I am also not sleeping well. I am trying to do some work right now but it is heavy going. Is life going to get any better?

3 Likes

Dear @SSTC22

There is no need to apologise. You are grieving and it hurts. There is no magic wand to make things better straight away unfortunately. It is about taking it one day at a time and I understand how hard that is.

Grief is a rollercoaster of emotions and anger is one of them. Have you considered booking an appointment with your GP for support?

Sue Ryder has Grief Self-Help Service which you may find of help and support to you. It will help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

Please continue to reach out and take care. We are all here for you at any time.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

I am having a really bad day. I am really missing him my days were so full now completely empty. I see no one and wonder what is the point of doing another day. I have been shouting today why did he have to leave me he knew I could not cope without him I should’ve been taken first as he was strong and would’ve got through it.
Jessica

2 Likes

Dear SSTC22 and Jessica1231 I understand and feel your pain. I am doing things that I truly don’t want to do. Unfortunately, we are now having to do them because there is no one but us now. I don’t like the weekends as they are so quiet. People are out doing there own thing as they should be but it is so lonely now without my husband. I don’t know how I have managed to get to this point 4 months without him. I suppose we have to keep going even though we don’t like it. I don’t sleep much … waking up nearly every hour during the night. Sending love.x

3 Likes

Dear Jessica, You wrote about my Sundays and the days without my husband. I hope you are feeling a bit less lonely.

1 Like

Feeling exactly the same … 31 days since lost my partner feeling absolutely lost and the days are getting worse instead of better… I suppose have some better short periods but not many! Can’t cook, sleep or some days achieve anything at all except have leaky eyes all day! Today has been one of the worst days don’t know why!

Just ordered a McDonalds and I will probably chuck most of it away. I just cannot get in the habit of cooking for myself. I know it is a waste of money but I just cannot motivate myself.

Is anyone else feeling like this?

1 Like

Hi SSTC22 I don’t think you are on your own. I don’t cook a meal as such but normally just put a ready meal in the oven or microwave. The way I see it, it just seems pointless cooking a meal for one. Take care.x

@SSTC22 I feel your pain, I lost my husband only a week ago and this weekend has been so lonely. I feel angry when I see people going about their lives and I am sat on my own trying to make sense of this life. Lack of sleep & not being able to eat is probably not helping but grief is something we have no control over.
I have spent time reading other peoples experience and I pray that this pain eases even just a little bit as I hate feeling bitter and angry. I feel scared for the first time in my life and would give anything to feel my husbands arms around me again.
Jen

1 Like