I have appointments to keep

Apology accepted Khanye.

3 Likes

Hi Khanye. There are two things that its maybe important not to get involved in, politics and religion. No one is ever going to agree on either. I answered your post because I was interested in your views. I still think it sad that your need to help has been seen in this way. There are many views on here I disagree with, but I know that behind the message is a sincere desire to help. Why do people get so upset about religion? Is it a taboo subject? Why? Some of us go to a funeral and have a priest or someone read a eulogy and we sing hymns and praise God, yet on here it’s maybe not allowed. Discomfort? Why should it cause discomfort? What’s so awful about what Khanye has said? If you don’t like it don’t read it.
Throughout the centuries mankind has looked to religion for comfort, if anyone takes that away then maybe they should start a thread of their own. Why should Khanye apologise for his views? I for one found his views a sincere desire to help. I may not agree with him, but I defend his right to say it.

1 Like

How do you know they only help the odd one or two people?

No, I am sorry, you do NOT have the cerdentials to tell a woman who is suffering from “uncontrollable despair” that it “is way too early to be even thinking of “dealing ” with all the trauma you went through”, nor to tell her that you would “not seek medication to intervene but anything by way of herbs and oils and natural supplements to aid calmness and sleep”. You are not a qualified GP or mental health doctor, and you have no knowledge of her medical history. Your post broke the Terms and Conditions of this site, but I did not report you to the Admin because I don’t like to complain about people.

2 Likes

I dont know any thing Jonathan,like most on here I just say what I personally think,and as it isnt for me,im just going assume like every post on here isnt for me,some are.and I cannot say 100 percent that no one agrees this or that helps anyone.and as im not interested in causing conflict on this or any post,i refrain from delving into others beliefs or non beliefs.
as im not qualified to do or say so.

2 Likes

Abdullah,
Firstly you do not know what my qualifications and training are.
Secondly, if you want to discuss another thread then it is better to deal with it on that thread and not bring half-statements here to antagonise and castigate me. If I broke any rules it is far better to report that to the administrators who will handle the allegations appropriately. Other than that, I do not think what you are now doing helps me, you or anybody who is grieving who comes to the forum for solace.

4 Likes

Oh dear John, your posted started off so well and then…
Your attack on Ian was uncalled for when his post had been rather diplomatic I thought :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, this conversation is becoming divisive, so I will have to ask everyone to leave the argument here, or I may need to lock this conversation. Please do flag any posts you think are an issue in order to alert the moderation team privately.

For information, there is nothing in the community guidelines to stop users from discussing their own personal religious beliefs. We do ask users to respect each and not to push beliefs onto each other, so it would be against the guidelines to tell other users that they should share your beliefs , particularly in response to a conversation they had started. However, Khanye did start this conversation himself, and did state at the top that these were his personal beliefs and others might not agree.

Private messages can certainly be a good option for two users who find that they have a lot to say to each other on a particular subject, but they are not obliged to take it to private messages, so long as they are not taking over a conversation started by someone else.

3 Likes

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your support even though I know you do not subscribe to my thoughts and inclinations. You have the wisdom to not let someone else’s views not be shot down just because you disagree. And indeed I am hoping with my whole being that by some chance somebody will appreciate my story and feel relief from their grief. I have written a lot about my pain and I have shared with others who are bereaved and even others who do not believe in God but are open minded and they in their own words told me they got helped by my sharing. So I do hope that I will be useful to someone here where I am not even selling any book to anyone. My motivation is not to share religion. My motivation is to share comfort and yet as I have my comfort from my religious beliefs others think I should not share because they do not want my life story. Am so glad that even the administrators wrote me to say that I am allowed to share how my faith helped me deal with my grief! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

To prevent the discussion becoming more problematic overnight, I’m going to temporarily lock this thread. The community manager will review this in the morning and unlock again if appropriate.

Susannah

Online Community team

1 Like

WELL SAID! What are some people like??