I just don't know what to do with myself.

Just been listening to an old Dusty Springfield LP and the track ’ I just don’t know what to do with myself ’ sums up how I’m feeling today. I believe she wrote it after she’d lost someone. Perhaps I’m feeling at odds with myself as there’s another weekend to get through and it’s cold. When and if does it get better!?
Hoping others are feeling more hopeful today.
Thinking of you all.
Jenny

4 Likes

Jenny, I know those days but you do learn to live/deal with them. Cold, wet horrible days when I can’t get out side or can’t be bothered to move, well they are just not good days. It’s funny how songs or music in general makes us feel and it can change how mood, so on those cold wet days look for happy music. Our local radio station plays an hour of happy music every Saturday and Sunday and it helps me to move and puts a smile on my face even if it’s just for me and my cat. Keep safe Sxx

1 Like

Oh Jenny, I know exactly what you’re going through. I’m trying to get my driveway cleaned but I have no motivation and have just spent the day sighing and feeling hopeless.
I gave up, I’ll try again tomorrow …sometimes I feel more optimistic, then the next day I’m knocked off my feet again & although I have lots of things around the house I just can’t get on and do them. We would always do things together. It’s so hard
Let’s both hope for a bit more optimism tomorrow
Take care, Janey

1 Like

I feel the same some days are a struggle to get out of bed. I lost my mum in December last year she was in hospital for 3 weeks so I was visiting her twice a day. Then the funeral was on Wednesday so I have been organising that. Think Thursday was a shock to the system for me as I thought what do I do now.

1 Like

Hi jenny its?sad that you are feeling the way you do?. But please trust me when i say that for a great many years i felt as you do!
But now after going through hypnotherapy, cognitive behaviour therapy and the loving support of loyal friends. I have moved forward in my life and each day my thoughts are more positive.
Yes still have bad days, but i have joined a couple of web sites and the members who i have contacted have helped me so much

The web sites are silversurfers and silver friends and this ?1 .
But i have had the valuable help of Councillors and phychologists from within the nhs… therapy from the nhs is completely free and from personal experience i can trust them . Iamavolinteer governor with my local nhs that supports people living with mental health issues, including bereavement and depression.
You can also contact me on the main site or privately. And i will do my best to support you .
My wife died several years ago from cancer.

But i believe that i am marriage to an angel who lives in heaven?
Best wishes and hugs mr chipps x

1 Like

Thank you Susie, Janey, Lou and Mr. Chipps for your thoughtful replies. It is good to know that you’re not alone on this unwanted journey. Meeting up with a friend later today which will be good as she is unwell and could do with some support…
Love Jenny.x

1 Like

Hi Kingfisher. Your name is very appropriate, because i is exactly what you are, because you are seeking new things in your life . If i can support you at all , please contact me . Best wishes. Mr chipps the poet, who is seeking inspiration for my future and lìfe and new poems x