I just feel so broken

Hi! I’m new to the group. Lost my lovely dad yesterday he had a massive heart attack and the paramedics tried to resuscitate him in front of me for a very long time without success. It was awful and I can’t get the image out of my head. I’m heartbroken I was so close to my dad and I just feel like I want to be with him. I just feel broken I can’t eat, sleep and I just feel like I’ve been ripped apart. Help me xxx

6 Likes

Hi, sorry for your devastating loss. You will still be in shock at the trauma of everything that has happened. Try to take each minute/hour/day as it comes, without expectations. Try to eat/rest/breathe fresh air as you need physical strength to bear the emotional pain. You’ll grieve in your own way and there’s no timescale so just go with it. Grief is a painful and confusing process that we have to endure when we’ve loved and lost. I hope you find support and comfort somehow. Best wishes, take care xx

1 Like

Hi Jude,
I second everything that Rosiepink has said. Take each day as it comes and take small steps.You are going through the gut wrenching raw time and my heart goes out to you. Keep posting on this site as it has been a lifesaver for me
Deborah x

1 Like

@Jude113 so sorry to hear this. It’s so terribly raw for you and I am 8 months on from losing my dad and today all I could think about was his final minutes and how it felt, how I told my daughter and my heart was heavy all day. There no easy way to say this but this is no easy road.

2 Likes

@Jude113 Sorry you find yourself here but you really amongst people who’ve been where you are. The aftermath of a death is traumatic, especially those early days & weeks so be kind to yourself. The shock comes in waves, it still does for me after 8 months & I can empathise with what you’re going thru right now. I felt ill for weeks after my Dad died & I’d never experienced pain like it. Over the upcoming weeks, you’ll have every emotion going. It’ll be 1 step 4wd & 10 steps back. It’s normal. Xx

2 Likes