I Just Miss Her

Nearly 8 weeks since my dear mum died. I feel I have to put on a face so I don’t upset my son and daughter aged 21 and 18 - Especially at the time of year youre supposed to be happy…
My husband also wants to go ahead with all festivites at a time when I just want peace and quiet. I want to be allowed to be upset and cry…
I often find myself going for a drive to the cemetry on my own. crying and even falling asleep there. I just need to be on my own to work through my grief…

2 Likes

Hi Jinxie
I know just how you feel, when I lost my Mum, I used to take the dog for a walk in the woods, usually with the tears pouring down my face, I felt as if there was this large heavy black cloud on top of my head, nothing helped except being on my own with my thoughts, unless you have been through it, I don’t think people understand what it’s like, I know my family didn’t, they expected me to be back to normal after a few weeks ! Everybody copes with it differently, no right or wrong way, you just do what is best for you, I have to say it did get better gradually, I still miss her dreadfully but I can now cope, so what I’m saying is, do what is best for you and you will get through this, and it will get easier, sending love Jude x

Thank you for replying… Being on my own with my thoughts helps so much. I just seem to have people around me all the time.I have to go out of my own house for space.

Bless your heart . My mum died in agony on the 29of November . Not due to coronavirus it was sepsis and the hospital didn’t give a damn because she was 100 years old . She fought for 16 days with sepsis :sweat::sweat::sweat:

1 Like