I lost my mum she were 46

On 20th of December I had the most shocking news of my entire life I was in middlebrook Christmas shopping after I did my shopping I kepted trying get hold of my mum I eventually got threw to someone on phone it were my uncle my mums sister he told me to get to my mums house as soon as I can i dropped everything to find my mum dead in bed :sob::broken_heart: my beautiful funny mum gone just like that we had the worst Christmas I’ve ever had in my life while everyone was celebrating we were waiting for the news on Christmas day :pensive: I finally got to see my mum for last time on 3rd of January I’ve never felt pain like it I knew it were my mum but the person I saw that wasn’t my beautiful mum :sob: ever since I’m so depressed at the moment I can’t sleep properly I’m not eating so well I’m absolutely devastated I’m absolutely heartbroken I’m 29 my mums 46 I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers aswell it’s so unfair this I have no words xxxxx

1 Like

Oh Chorlottes0730, I am so sorry for you and at Christmas time, it couldn’t be worse for you and your family. It is very difficult to know if you should see your loved one when they have gone. Please remember that their soul or spirit has gone and what you saw was only a human form not your lovely mum. You should consider getting some help to talk through your emotions and both Sue Ryder and Cruse offer free counselling sessions which should give you some way forward. You need to concentrate on yourself and getting some rest. It is horrible to know that someone so young has left us but remember she would want you to be strong and enjoy your life. S xx

1 Like

Hi Charlotte, so sorry for the loss of your mother. It is so heartbreaking and the worst possible pain in the world. I lost my mom in January. She was only 58. I am 31. She had no Illness. She suffered cardiac arrest. My world has turned upside down ever since. I hardly eat, I don’t remember when was the last time I washed my hair. I understand what you are going through.
I won’t tell you time heals because I don’t think it does. Like me I think you were also attached to your mom and can’t imagine living without her. But please keep talking here. Talking helps. Have you thought about bereavement counselling? You should definitely go do some sessions.
Please text if you would like to talk more. x

1 Like

Hi Charlotte, I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I lost my mum in Jan 2020, and I can fully relate to how horrible you are feeling. I was with mum when she passed away, and once she had, I thought that doesn’t look like my mum. Just keep in your mind and heart on the mum how you loved her. Smiling, laughing and caring. Although I’m not on here much, I do find writing things down, helps some, and getting others support helpful.
Take Care

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss, I lost my mum suddenly, she was rushed to hospital, where she later died. She was 55, all I wanted to do after she passed was to see her again. I went to see her almost everyday until the funeral, which I felt helped although as you say didn’t look like the mum I knew. Nearly 7 years have passed and I don’t know how I’ve got through it. The pain will never go away and I’m still struggling with life without her. Sending love

1 Like

Thanks so much for your message I’m sorry u have lost ur mum :broken_heart::pensive: I’m here if u need chat about it I found this page by accident I’m glad I did tho I’ve been really struggling with getting up eating and sleeping its horrible feeling sending you massive hugs xxxx

I completely get this I can’t get out of bed my eyes are so swollen from crying its heartbreaking I were best friends with my mum and I’m sure u were to I’m heartbroken you’ve lost your mum too never felt pain like it thanks for u message sending you lots of love and massive hugs xxxx