I lost my partner

My best friend and the love of my life and all round soul mate suddenly passed away on friday at the young age of 25 . We were planning to move in together and start a family. He died in his sleep so suddenly and completely out of the blue. Everytime i try to let it sink in that hes gone i feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. How does anyone do this? How does anyone just get up everyday without their soul mate? How am i supposed to do this without him, neither of us had friends, we only had eachother. How do i do this because it really feels like im doing it wrong

2 Likes

Hi , i am so so sorry for your sudden and devastating loss. I honestly feel the same, i don’t know how i have made it through the last 8 weeks after my fiance took his life. I feel emptiness and pain which makes it difficult to get through the day, hold a basic conversation. life just has no meaning without him. Like you my partner and i were inseperable. I rarely saw my friends. Its isolating . Im so sorry you are feeling like this too xx

@SJ_C00 - i am so very sorry of the tragic loss of your soulmate, I can’t imagine losing a partner at such a young age. How do you every recover from this? Well all I can say is you will find the strength somehow, just for now put one foot in front of the other, and continue to breath. I do understand that the pain is so unbearable right now, and your heart maybe racing, it is such early days - barely a week, and it must feel so surreal, like a bad dream you want to wake up from. You are not doing anything wrong, as @Lindsey26 says, she has somehow made it through to 8 weeks, and you will too, just know that everyone here understands and is willing to listen and give you support. Sending nothing but love xxx

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. He was so young, life is so cruel :cry: I’m 38 and my partner of 17 years passed away suddenly last Wednesday. It still isn’t proper sinking in, I’m still in complete shock and disbelief. I’m crying on and off all day and can’t imagine a life without him. I’m struggling to do anything because it all seems so meaningless now. I can’t be bothered even getting out of bed at the moment. It’s the hardest thing I’ll ever go through in life and I’m completely consumed by grief. Hopefully we all find a way through this but it’s hard to see how right now :broken_heart:

2 Likes

You will find a way through @LostLil it wont feel like it but you will, what’s the alternative. I lost my husband suddenly 10 weeks ago (cannot believe its as long as that) so I am little bit further down on the road but not much. I cry every day, I have lost my sense of self, and it feels like half of me is missing. Well it is. There are emerging chinks of light for me, I laughed yesterday when my friend showed me a hat she had bought online for a christening which was so enormous it made her look like a mushroom. I didn’t quite believe that the laugh came from me it has been so long since I have. Afterwards I cried, as somehow I felt had taken my first step along the road and the all consuming grief I have been feeling has moved a little, but also I didn’t want it too, if that makes any sense. Its so early days for you, and life does feel so meaningless, everyone here understands and we are with you xxxx

2 Likes

Sandi Vancouver
So very sorry for your loss ,Big hugs,
Thank you both for your kind words, just so emotional today,
I do try to keep busy, and my husband cousin Carol ,
Rings me every other day,and we go out shopping and a meal about 3 times a month ,and I have a few good friends that are there for me ,
But no one can replace my husband ,
Thank you all for your support ,
Take care
Love Sue x

2 Likes