I lost my wife

2 months ago my wife and soulmate pasted any from sepsis
She had been I’ll for 8 years with and collection of problems including incurable cancer I have been her full time and only carer for all of the 8 years after I finished work to carer for her and to run the house and look after our 3 children
No she has passed I truly cannot cope I am trying my best for the kids ( the youngest is 14 )
But life without my wife isn’t one I want part of I thought we try he inevitable happened I would be strong but it’s hit me so hard a struggle to see a way forward
Sorry to post like this but I have already gone far beyond what I can cope with

5 Likes

So sad and still very early days for you. Your feelings are very common and everyone here will totally understand. Losing your soul mate is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. Your whole life changes overnight. 2 years since my Wife passed and i still have bad days and really bad days but i still have good moments as well. Stay strong mate.

1 Like

It is so all encompassing in the first few months. My husband died suddenly at the age of 50 so I didn’t have the carer role etc. but the suddenness was such a shock. Sometimes all you can focus on is getting through breath by breath and just putting one foot in front of the other. Life changes to one we didn’t want and didn’t ask for but with children in the picture we have to keep going for them. Their worst fear has hit them and their only security now is you - I see it in my children’s faces. Have you spoken to your GP or tried counselling? Have you got friends who can listen or just go for a walk with? I found getting out and just walking made me focus on just putting one foot in front of the other. Have a look at Megan Devine’s site reugeingrief.com as well. Winston’s Wish is a good organisation for helping children with their loss. Keep posting on here - people will understand and support.

1 Like

Thanks I will try them
I spoke to bereavement support and arranged a appointment I took me a week to convince myself to go and they unfortunately cancelled on the day I understand that it was unavoidable but it knocked be back a long way

Things that we would normally have taken in our stride become too much for us to cope with - it’s understandable. Try again, you owe it to yourself and your kids. You deserve support at this horrendous time. You need to put your own oxygen mask on first if you are going to be there to help your children. Take care

1 Like

Bereavement counselling - CRUSE, MIND and Sue Ryder also I think. Macmillan have support lines too. GP can refer as well.

Keep reaching out, talking can really help. We’re all in this together :heart:

So sorry for your loss. I lost my husband on the 1st October and it just feels like life has stopped. Just take baby steps, each hour at a time. The children will be your support as well as you being theirs. Reach out if you need to, grieve when you need to and that’s all I think any of us can do.

1 Like

I feel the exact same way about my husband i was his carer for 2 years. He was the love of my life my soul mate. We have 2 children and at times they’re the only thing keeping me going. Life just feels so hard, my brain is drained as its all been going on so long. Try counselling sessions if you can maybe at hospice if she used them. I go it helps for a day or 2 but better than nothing, I’ve started antidepressants a couple of days ago as I’m that low and want to try something to seenif it will help my mood. I hope you can find peace and a resolution

1 Like