I’m new to this

Hi I lost my mum 3 years ago to brain cancer. She went into hospital during Covid and we couldn’t visit her for 2 weeks. After this time we were told mum had. brain cancer and within a week of coming home she died. It was very sudden and mum didn’t show any signs of brain cancer before she went to hospital
I’m still trying to live without her. She lived with me for 10 years and I miss her hugs, chats, laughter and company
I had counselling with Cruse for a while but it didn’t seem to help much
I feel lonely and if I’m not busy my grief is so strong
I get very tearful and anxious
I had a breakdown last year and have depression and anxiety
My anxiety is really strong in the mornings
I hope there are others on this chat who feel the same

Hi. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Your post resonated with me as I feel exactly the same. My mum died of pancreatic cancer in Nov last year and it was very sudden and quite traumatic. I feel like everyone around me has moved on but I’m stuck in a different world. I am the same in that my grief feels overwhelming if I’m not constantly occupied. I just feel like everything I do is tinged with sadness now and things will never be the same again x

2 Likes

It’s so surreal. Sometimes I think I’m in a dream.
Everywhere reminds me of mum and I do get comfort from this but also tinged with a sadness that’s hard to shift. My sister seems to be getting on and I feel stuck

2 Likes

Yes thats how I feel too. Some days I like being around things that remind me of mum but other days I just want to forget. I wonder if your sister is justdealing with it in a different way? Do you speak together much about your mum and how you’re feeling? X

1 Like

She’s so busy with her grandchildren so doesn’t have time to think like me
She doesn’t want to know if I’m upset

1 Like

Hi
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my mam 6 years ago and my dad 5 months ago. The grief is overwhelming, I also have anxiety and depression and no one other than myself seems interested (as I was told you have to get over it and live a life) Hope things get better for you Love and hugs

I lost my mum 3 weeks ago and her funeral is in the morning iam so down at the moment

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you must be feeling it’s the one thing that you dread the funeral I hope that you cope okay you must be so down. Take care of yourself

Thanks you it’s not easy at the moment

Thinking of you :heart:

Thank you
Keep posting❤️

1 Like

I have just joined this platform and your post is the first I’ve read. My heart breaks for you. I’ve had many loses and one thing that has been true to me. You never really get over it but you just get used to living with it. It takes as long as it takes. My thoughts and understanding is with you x

Thank you for supporting us. We are here for you too💗

1 Like

Lots of warm hugs coming your way❤️

1 Like