I’m strugging

Hi I am so struggling to cope right now I just feel so lost and alone I lost my mum in 2021 she had a stroke and 10 days later she was gone. My partner and I immediately moved in with my father as he needed care and we just got on with life then in may this year my father also took a stroke and 10 days later he was gone it was always just the 3 of us and now it’s just me I feel like I have no one to talk to now my dad was always so positive and my rock and guide in life we did so much together but he was never the same after we lost my mum and I think we both tried to hide how we felt about losing my mum and be strong for each other. I know neither of them would want to see me cry so much but I can’t help it and it doesn’t help when relatives try to say you did not do enough I don’t know how much more I could have done for him I did my best I put my life on hold and put him first and I would do it all again I hate life without them a month after I buried my dad I myself took a small stroke and have been left with sight problems I feel like such a burden and all I want is for my dad to give me a big hug and tell me everything is going to be ok but it just feels like it never will be I don’t like talking about my feelings and even now hiding my true thoughts from my friends and family there are days when I just don’t want to go on without them I just think why am I bothering I tried talking with a nurse and all she said was it’s normal no advice I don’t think this much crying is normal I don’t want to do anything I don’t want to go out and some days I don’t even want to get out of bed. I think people think I’m ok because I put a smile on my face and pretend all is good and it’s really not I just don’t know how to get myself to stop being this way

1 Like

Hello @Elaynebg,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex