I miss my husband so much

I never imagined I’d feel so alone even when surrounded by family or friends

2 Likes

Hi @Hil.
I’ve just been weeping inconsolably in the bathroom saying the exact same thing to myself.

Having been half of a couple for so long, it is so hard to adjust to flying solo and it feels very frightening.

But, adjust we must, because it’s not up for negotiation.

I dip in and out of this forum on an almost daily basis, because reading other bereaved people’s posts helps me realise that other people are going through this pain too.

It’s a small consolation but I’ll take it wherever I can right now.

I hope you find some comfort here too Hil.

3 Likes

Hi @Hil, I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s been nearly 16 months for me.
I’m surrounded by loving and understanding family and friends, but that doesn’t stop me feeling alone in a room full of people.
I think the second year I’d harder in many ways than the first, I miss my husband more than ever. Feels if there is a empty space a void that can’t be filled. I don’t think I will ever get used to not having him around, I miss the love, security and confidence he gave me to face the world.
Debbie X X

3 Likes

Hi
Thanks for your message. I’m finding everything harder this year than last.
I think maybe in the beginning I had so much to do & now only have my grief & loneliness.
I miss my beloved Dave’s every single day.
I can only comfort myself with the knowledge that he was & is the love of my life
Hil XxX

3 Likes

This is exactly how I feel and as good as my friends and family are they just don’t understand. I lost my husband in Feb 2020 so it’s been over 2 years for me and I honestly think it has got worse as time has gone on. You’re absolutely spot on about not having them to make you feel safe and loved and give you confidence. My husband gave me confidence but I’m afraid it went with him xx

2 Likes

I know how you feel😢

2 Likes

I completely empathise with how you feel.
No one understands unless they have been through it
XxX

4 Likes