I miss my mom

I am struggling every day. Mornings are so difficult.
I am scared to live a long life without my mom.
I need her. I keep asking questions for which I won’t get answer.
I am scared to live without my mom.
So scared

3 Likes

Hiya,

Sorry to read how lost and scared you are but fact is I could have wrote this post so I can empathise with you :disappointed:

I too find mornings there worst as the thought of another 24hrs without her is often just too much x

Blessings to you,

Suzanne x

1 Like

Hi Suzanne,

We are in the same boat. I feel there is a big hole in the boat and we are drowning.
I am so lost and so scared.
I know you feel the same. Talking to someone who is going through the exact pain does help. Let’s stay in touch.
Take care!

1 Like

Hiya,

I just feel so lost and aimless. I don’t know where I fit in anymore and am so tired of being alone.

I am in physical and mental pain al the time and my anxiety is just running me into the ground.

I wouldn’t wish feeling like this on my worst enemy.

I do hope you can find some peace in your day,

Take care,

Suzanne x

I know how you feel the nights are the worst for me as I know another day is coming without her I am struggling to cope as well trying to live what is a new life without her that I don’t want

1 Like

I feel exactly the same . I lost my mum almost 9 months ago and the future is so scary without her . I get tired of being alone but i fight on in my mum’s memory . Here if you need to chat. Take care.
Love Angie xx

1 Like

I just lost my mom 5 days ago. Nights are the worst for me. During the day, I am keeping myself busy. But at night my mind races. I’m emotionally exhausted but can’t sleep because all I think about is my mom and what my life is now going to be like without her in it.

People say it gets easier, but I’m afraid that means I would stop thinking about her. She was my best friend, I talked with her every single day.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. It is the worst possible pain. I can understand what you are going through. I lost my mom a month ago and it has been so difficult. For me evening and nights are easier but mornings and afternoons are very difficult. I resumed work but not able to contribute much. My mom was my everything and I talked to her everyday too.
I won’t say time heals because it has not done that for me but talking about it helps, writing to your mom in a diary helps, talking to her loudly helps.
I would also recommend listening to grief coping audio books or reading those. They do help.
Please reach out if you would like to talk more.
Your mom made you so please take care of yourself.

1 Like

Hi @Hillb91,

You won’t know where you are just now and I’m 3 months on after losing my mum who like you was my best friend and my world and I still try not to look too far ahead as all I see is a void where she should be.,holidays booked, theatre shows booked…people are like just take someone else…they don’t get it…I don’t just want to take anyone else…it may sound familiar to you.

However I, like many here, try to stop looking forward to more than the day we’re on. I know some things need planned but if you can once it’s arranged pop a reminder in your phone and try forget about it until the day. I know it’s easier said than done but the first days/ weeks after my mum left I kept looking ahead as I said and I actually didn’t want to live anymore.

However I still have days where I can’t stop thinking about her but I can see a vague teeny tiny bit light but give yourself time to have the pm results and digest them if you can, rely on family and close friends but don’t take it personally if some people suddenly disappear as that’s common…

Let yourself grieve anyway that feels right and don’t put a time limit on it either.

Take care of yourself,

Suzanne x

2 Likes

Yes I find waking up each morning it hits again and again …and yes the times I have gone to pick up the phone or text my mum to ask her to tell her something it IS very painful hugs xx

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss . I to lost my mum last year . Out of the blue … we’d been isolating so hadn’t seen her for months . I ask everyday why ?? . I can understand what you’re going threw . Here if you want a chat :heart:

I thank you all for you kind messages. It will be one month tomorrow and I think about her almost every minute, but I’m not crying all the time anymore.

I got her ashes and plan to scatter some over the ocean when I go to Hawaii next month. She always wanted to go. :heart:

The future without her is still terrifying, but I just think about how happy she would be for things that will happen for me.

1 Like