I miss my mum so much I’m struggling

Hi all, I lost my mum to cancer two months ago and I know this is not a long time but I am struggling so much, I really can’t cope without her, I doted on her. I’ve got 3 children who are really the only reason I’m still going as without them I honestly don’t think I’d still be here today. The pain I feel is indescribable and I cry so much. I’ve nobody to turn to at all, I’m trying to stay strong for my children, I can’t turn to my dad or sister as they are struggling also and I don’t want to upset them even more then they already are, and my few close friends don’t seem to want to know :disappointed: my heart is so heavy and the only person who can make it better is the one who’s left. Please tell me this pain gets easier I just need somebody to talk to who understands.

3 Likes

it does only time heals.

it is slow but you have to go through it.

only way. allow it to do its thing. only way to get through it.

1 Like

@Cham8760
Totally understand, lost my Mam 7 weeks ago, I’d been her full time carer the past 3 years aswell so now I’m absolutely lost without her. I have 2 wonderful children and I think the same if I didn’t have them I wouldn’t have wanted to go on.
I still carnt believe my mam is gone, just can not get my head round it. Just miss her so much we were always together :heart: :cry:
I like to listen to podcasts that feature julia samuel she’s a grief counsellor she’s amazing , makes you understand what your feeling more.
Keep positive

2 Likes

HiCham8760, l can tell you that it gets easier, eventually. It’s taken me 2 1/2 years to get to where l am now. I’m still lost without my Mum, miss her every day but remember everything about her. I think I went through every emotion possible, sometimes more than once. You will find your way, as l did or as l am, but don’t be hard on yourself, let yourself grieve, keep a journal for when you feel overwhelmed. But most importantly be kind to yourself, acknowledge what your feeling and gradually some of that pain starts to lessen and you begin to cope better, even smile sometimes. Am here if you would like to talk…