I miss my mum

I lost my mum in February this year
And I feel so numb and empty
I miss her so much it was only a couple of days before she had passed that we was going to arrange for a holiday because I live at a seaside but now I’m not going to get that chance I feel so lost

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your Mum in February and that you’re feeling so lost at the moment. I do understand how you’re feeling as I felt the same when I lost my Mum 4 years ago. She was my best friend & I was devastated.

It must be difficult for you at the moment particularly as you were going to arrange a holiday at the seaside with her. Had she visited you before at the seaside? It is difficult accepting that certain things will not happen when we lose someone we love.

Do you have any close friends or family that you can turn to for support and talk to about how you’re feeling at the moment?

There are lots of wonderful supportive people on the forum who will also understand what you’re going through.

Please keep posting & take care. Trudy x

Hi
Thank you no I only moved down to seaside last year so my mum never got to see my new home or spend time by the seaside
I’ve got my son nearby and I’ve got good friends at work but I don’t like to burden them with this I’m a private person

Hello,

I’m sorry your Mum never got to see your new home by the seaside - I bet it’s a lovely place to live. How old is your son?

Yes I know what you mean, I have good friends at work but I didn’t talk to them that much about my Mum dying at the time. It was also as though I wanted to keep it out of work, keep them seperate which helped me deal with it.

Have you considered seeing your doctor & exploring the option of counselling? I had some when my Mum died & it helped me tremendously. It was my safe place where I could say anything I wanted without worrying about the consequences if that makes sense. I also didn’t need to feel I was burdening anyone as it was the counsellors job which made it easier to talk about how I was feeling.

Even us private people need to talk sometimes and it certainly helps us deal with the grief journey. Are you looking after yourself, eating properly etc. I remember that it was very easy to neglect things like food, sleep, exercise which are so important.

Take care for now x

1 Like

my son is 26 and he’s grieving in his own way I have been to my doctors and she’s put me on sick leave and has referred me for counselling so I’ve made that step and I am now on a waiting list
Thank u take care too xx

I am so so sorry for your loss. Sending massive hugs!! I also lost my mum in February and we had also just planned to visit her as she lived 4.5 hours away from us. I am here if you would like to chat. I think it helps to talk. Thinking of you x

Hi thank you for your kind message
I would like to offer my condulances
to you and family

1 Like

So sorry for the loss of your Mum. Nothing anyone can do or say can make up for losing someone so precious. But take comfort from the memories of things you shared. After losing my Dad I found it helpful to visit places we went and enjoyed. Even something as simple as a walk in the park or a visit to a favourite cafe has helped me. You will still be feeling very raw at the moment but take time for yourself and don’t rush the grieving process. Love and best wishes xx

thank you so much I do have so much happy memories and I think of them all the time and I am beginning to rest and grieve and it’s helping
Thank you once again

Grief varies for each and every one of us but one thing is the same, we all need time, time to talk, time to grieve, time to reflect on the precious times we had had together.
I have lost my brother then my sister, both very suddenly, then 18 months after my sister my mum after being diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks earlier.
I am so greatful for the counselling and support I received from Sue Ryder and my GP.
One thing I found and still find very good, is looking at photos, I cry and laugh but most importantly I give myself permission to be happy and sad.
Know that your mum is with you always, in your heart and in every new memory you make.
Here if I can help in any way.

I’m sorry for your loss and thank you for your kind words

Hi I lost my Mum and we had a funeral on Tuesday. I lived with her for last 22 yrs since my son was born. I bought a beautiful notebook this week as I miss talking to her too. I wake up every morning and my first thought is, oh its not a dream it was real. I just walk around house talking to her, so I thought if I’d write to her every night in a beautiful book it may help this journey of coping. Just thought I’d share with you hun as I total get you and everything you are saying. Much love and hugs xx