I miss my wife

Hello all,

My wife died at the start of September 2022. She had been suffering with cancer, was diagnosed in 2022. It was triple negative breast cancer which is very difficult to treat. I have a 17 year old daughter and we are broken. I’m doing the paperwork needed now to keep busy for notifying all the legal bodies and also arranging the funeral but it’s very hard. I know it’s very early days but both of us miss her so much.

6 Likes

Dear @Timbo

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. There are no words to describe the pain of losing a loved one.

Sue Ryder has information on Supporting Yourself Through Grief which will be of help to yourself and daughter.

There is also a useful informative Grief Guide that contains supportive information that’s right for you and helps you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

Please take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself. You are still in the very early stages of grief, and it will be a rollercoaster of emotions with good days and bad days. All of this is normal. Grief is a journey to be taken at your pace.

We are all here for you and your daughter. Please continue to reach out any time.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

I lost my wide of 59 years on Aug 1st and just miss her so very much.I have good and bad days but things can never be the same again.
Bill

1 Like

My wife died in July.
It is tough, it is heartbreaking. There is plenty of time for paperwork as more and more turns up.
Do what you can, enlist help if you can…
Happy to chat M

Thank you all, it’s just awful, it will be three weeks tomorrow. I’ve been looking through old photos arranging the funeral and getting everything sorted but keep crying. We had been married just over 25 years and she was only 50, I’m the same age. Things will never be the same, I was looking in the cupboard last night and found a packet of sweets I had bought her two weeks before she died as she was taking lots of medication and it left a nasty taste so we joked about how she could have one if she took it, that was another thing that got me.

I try not to beat myself up that I could have done more but it is difficult. And why us? It makes me very bitter.

3 Likes