Identity Crisis - Grief?

Is having an identity crisis a normal part of grief? I been a carer pretty much solid since I was 12 (I’m now 34). I lost my mum 19 months ago, and to say I’m lost is an understatement.

I just don’t know who I am anymore. I don’t know what I want, I just don’t want to be here with these thoughts.

Is this normal?..

4 Likes

Hello, sorry for the way you feel, part will be grieving but I also I think there is just the change in your live now you don’t have the caring role. When my husband left I had so much time on my hands because like you I had been doing everything for my soulmate.
Would you also consider your age? Not midlife crisis but just that at certain times we do think about changes. Having read what you wrote and what I have just written the next thing in my mind is counselling and not grief counselling but more general counselling, so you may find away of finding your way ahead. You are to young to continue to feel like you do. Please take action. Sending big hugs and blessings. S xx

Hi
From speaking to my grief concelor having an identity crisis is a pretty common reaction to losing someone particularly if we where very close to them I recently lost my best friend, I was there primarily carer the ones we care for live partly through us we will feel something is missing because we always had a part of them attached to us living vicariously through us, we have been a care taker for them it’s normal for us to go and get our had scramble at the changing role as living for us and focusing on your needs is not necessarily higher on your priory I’ve found art and animal therapy help me process my changed role also talking to the local wellbeing people/talking threaphy to find apath