Iiving with grief

8 months it’s been since I lost my partner. He was 71 and died without warning. No time to say goodbye.Seems such a long time yet its like yesterday. The pain and grief is constant I still cry everyday. I don’t remember the good times and smile I feel sad. I see other couples together and I feel robbed. He’s been robbed of seeing his grandchildren grow. They’ve been robbed of a wonderful funny daft grandad they adored. You learn to deal with the grief best way you can, tell the world everything is fine. Everything I do everywhere I go reminds me of a time we did it together. They say it’ll get easier I hope so because at the moment I get no pleasure from life and I want to. I want to wake in the morning and not wish that I hadn’t. I’d like to write on this forum in the future with some note of optimism.

4 Likes

I feel exactly the same,robbed of happiness,why is it like that when we are supposed to believe in God.My wife never hurt anyone but was brutally taken by bladder cancer.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear of your losses. I’m grieving for my Mum, it’s so painful.

We will find happiness again, it’s hard to see right now I know.

None of it is fair. Life is just totally crap :poop: sometimes. I’m in it with you, keep holding on and reaching out, we will recover one day.

X

1 Like

Life is crap most of the time it was only bearable with my darling wife but now she has gone what is left for me,nothing worthwhile.When your world is shattered there is nothing else.

1 Like

Another horrendous morning without my husband,it’s unbearable sat here looking at his photos its so difficult to get going,this is no life its torture, so unexpected were do all our plans for the future go now,After his funeral on Tuesday I only then started to believe he’s really not coming back,heartbreaking Thankyou for listening

2 Likes

I hear you, I felt like that a few days ago. I wondered if I would ever be happy again. I just could not see the future, and nobody could persuade me otherwise.

That’s the trick grief plays on us, makes us believe there isn’t any hope. I do believe there is, but I think I understand where you are.

Xx

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. I know how you feel. I lost my wife 10 months ago to the vile disease. If its any consolation, I still have really bad moments of grief, but I think I can now deal with it better.
Time is, they say, a healer.
Stay strong.

2 Likes