Im a different person now and I hate it

I lost my mum back in February, 8 days after giving birth to her first granddaughter, after being diagnosed with stage 4 bowel and liver cancer 4 months prior, completely out of the blue.

My relationship with my mum was unmatched, I loved her so much (and still do!) and we got on like a house on fire, we’d call each other everyday and text each other when we weren’t on the phone. When she was diagnosed, she spent a lot of time in bed and lived out her last month in the hospital. She was admitted on NYE 2022 and I didn’t get to see her until January 26th due to covid restrictions. I gave birth the next day and she passed on February 4th.

My mum was my absolute world and when she died, mine came crashing down, however, I have a 3 year old and a newborn so I didn’t give myself a minute to grieve. It hit me like a tonne of bricks about 2 weeks later and I had a breakdown. I am still struggling like I was back then and have developed an attachment to my partner. I hate that I am like this, I don’t want him to leave my side, whether that’s to go to work or just to the shop. It’s causing strain between us, which we don’t need. He has had to take time off work because I am struggling so we are now struggling for money alongside everything else going on. His mum has also just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, so I feel like I am going through the grieving process again for his mum, which is bringing back triggering memories/images for me.

Sorry about this long post, I have so much to offload and nowhere to do it.

2 Likes

Hi I lost my mum 8 weeks ago and like you I’m trying my best to be strong for my 3 children, my mum was my world also and I’m completely lost without her. I’m trying my best to be strong but I’m not so good at this and my heart weighs so heavy and the only person who can make it better is the one who isn’t here any more. Sending hugs hun xx

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel, it’s been 6 months (tomorrow) for me and it seems to be getting harder the longer we’ve been apart. My kids keep me going but it is draining putting on a brave face constantly. Sending hugs xxx

2 Likes

I lost m Dad February 3rd this year m
You have had so much to deal with no wonder you feel lost .
A newborn and grieving , your emotions are everywhere .

I’m sending you massive hugs :hugs:

Thank you so much. Your dad passed the day before my mum, I’m sorry you’re going through this too. I’m struggling to grasp that I’ve not seen her, heard her or hugged her for 6 months and I’ll never get to do it again. It’s so hard to take in. Sending love. Xxxx

Sending hugs to all of you! I lost my mom June 2021, and my dad June 2022. So I totally understand. I was still grieving my mom, when my dad died. It is one of the worst things to go through. I miss both of them so much. They were divorced, but I was close to both of them and my dad’s only child.