I'm lost

My son died suddenly very recently, he was only 37. They weren’t able to give us a cause of death, just sudden death syndrome. He was so fit and healthy. I just don’t know how to get on with my life. I thought I had just got my life back on track after my husband died 4 years ago, but now I feel I’ve been ‘derailed’ again.

Hi Bonnie,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your son, as well as your husband four years ago. That is two devastating losses, and it must be so hard to have no answers about your son’s cause of death.

I hope it helps even a tiny bit to be able to write things down here. We have had two other users recently who have lost their sons - Joes mum and Janine77. You may wish to read and reply to what they have written here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/my-son-aged-26-died-150916-i-cant-cope

Have you got any support or anyone to talk to about your loss? You could also contact Cruse Bereavement on 0808 808 1677 or helpline@cruse.org.uk, or Child Bereavement UK (who support people with the loss of a child of any age) on 0800 02 888 40.