I'm new here and I'm lost!

I have never done anything like this before but my dire circumstances has led me to reach out and do this. I lost my Brother just a week ago to Cancer end of life care at home after diagnosis 8 month’s ago stage 4 RCC and UNBELIEVABLY at the SAME TIME My Sisters health deteriorated in 4 month’s was rushed to hospital as an Emergency where the hospital treated her and literally saved her life but since she had become so frail and weak in 4 months she passed away suddenly with heart attack August long BEFORE our Brother with Cancer…
I’m youngest of 3 left and I have NO support or any Siblings left and feeling lost living in a nightmare with their Partners who have no idea or understanding of what I’m going through… in fact they are totally indifferent with me pushed me away saying I’m upsetting THEM by the way I need to talk about my siblings all my 60 years of memories and all that has happened in the last months…

They are very condescending lacking integrity to the point where I feel I am an outsider most definitely NOT their youngest Sibling!
To which I had have words with Sisters Partner who has been RUDE and insulting and didn’t even want me to know my Sister was in Hospital…

I am ANGRY, suffering grief at the same time finding it hard to cope with a Tsunami of emotions and all while being disrespected. My Sister had a Direct Funeral plan so was nothing to attend.
But Brother had plans for conventional Funeral 23rd December which I am dreading for reasons seeing my in-laws!..

Hello @Frida,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and sister - that is such a lot to cope with. I’m sorry that you’re not getting the support that you need and deserve right now.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to get in touch with the Compassionate Friends. They offer support to siblings who are grieving: https://www.tcf.org.uk/ftb-siblings/ If you have a look at that page, you can see what kind of support they offer, including a private Facebook group for adult siblings and meet-ups.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

Hi Frida so very sorry to hear about the passing of your siblings and that which has followed.I can only suggest you take Seaneen advice and reach out to one of the services available.I am sorry I can’t give you any more advice than that.Keep posting though because I have found its really helpful to open up to people who are struggling too.Hugs to you xx

Hello Marg1 and Seaneen I appreciate your help am Sorry for the delay in getting back not very savvy with how to use this support site.
I have no Internet connection only use my mobile phone which is not easy with its limitations and small impractical size.!.
As such I dont have any access or anything like Facebook, my Siblings both were not even technically minded my Sister has pc but was unable to use MyGP service with no mobile phone.
My Brother was the opposite he had a mobile as a community carer it was a necessity BUT he has no desire or knowledge how to use a computer and he didn’t own one…
My contact with them was phone calls via landline and mobile.

I will definitely look at the siblings website appreciate you telling me. I’d feel daft going on FB I don’t understand how it works and all I know is that it’s social network and I tend to be very uncomfortable with all that as I hear stuff about it so don’t bother to get involved.

I’m just so shocked reading how many people YOUNG people have posted on here lost their soul mates long term spouses and partners and I wish I’d never posted because I feel so sorry and bad for their losses and I’m here talking about siblings that’s seems like a walk in the park compared to others!
Even they have children, I don’t, but they find no comfort in that fact… I’m left feel deeply unbelievably sad for their loss.

I think they are brave people who have posted on this support site. I’ve actually had to stop reading some of these posts because it’s so difficult to comprehend and afraid I don’t have any answers or help for how you can possibly move on…

I have had my eyes opened for sure and I have seen more than I ever thought I’d see here and wondering is this amount of people seeking support normal or something very unprecedented?

I have been in touch with my local Cruse for f2f support as I don’t have Internet access.
They replied straight back to me giving me 2 weeks notice for support due to HIGH demand for f2f and but that was in October 2 months and counting ago!.

Also still haven’t heard back from the Hospital Breavement follow up support for family whose loved one’s passed away in Hospital in 3 month’s…

They did tell me very often its not needed by families and I would be seen quickly which has now been turned on its head with the amount of people who like me who have requested accepted follow - up Hospital Breavement…

My in-laws are in the process of getting ready for xmas and whereas myself and my Husband don’t want to know, they’ve never included us as we have always done different things at this time of year…
Sister and partner was never into Xmas festivities and spend it on their own and my Brother had his 2 children to spend it with… As his wife left him 6 year’s ago they were still married when he passed away last week…
But he was very much alone during Covid-19 months when he was working with vulnerablities and he could not take early retirement he cashed in private pension to part buy his mrs her house…

He knew when covid hit he’d have to sell his house that he fought HARD to KEEP,…
But cutting down working hours to cut down his Risks of getting covid repeatedly (had it badly once) caught it from his Daughter, he downsized moved into caravan on a residential site…

Just 2 days after he passed his 1st Grandchild was born, sadly he wasn’t here to see, but they are all in awe now and the focus is all on the baby.
That is something my husband and me can’t even feel happy about, as we are numb totally emotionless!

It’s just not important, I’ve lost my siblings and that’s a raw unprecedented loss and feeling of 60 years and can’t believe they are both gone, forever!

Maybe I am just hard, but I seeing them happy and I’m not…
I just feel desperately SAD for my Sister and Brother illness and taken from us too soon!.

1 Like