I'm so broken

I cant keep going on anymore

Somewhere inside…there’s the strength you need to keep going. Stop…breath…you only need to get through a minute at a time…I saw this poem recently on a movie and it hit me very hard…but it’s true, the verse about beauty and terror…nothing lasts for ever…
God speaks to each of us as he makes us,
then walks with us silently out of the night.

These are the words we dimly hear:

You, sent out beyond your recall,
go to the limits of your longing.
Embody me.

Flare up like a flame
and make big shadows I can move in.

Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.
Don’t let yourself lose me.

Nearby is the country they call life.
You will know it by its seriousness.

Give me your hand.

Breath…keep going xxxx

2 Likes

All I can say is I understand how you feel.and feel I feel the same. That’s probably not much help but it’s the.truth
Wishing you well at this saddest of times.Sadme

hi Justcant
I notice its your only post, so have no clues as to your situation.many of us on here are caring people who are going through the trials and tribulations of losing loved ones.
sorry for the loss of your partner .
please try get help,have you got family or friends who are there for you.
lots of us have an idea of your feeling of hurt and desperation ,say what ever you like,no one will judge you.were here if you need to talk.
regards ian

Diverliz, I have just reread your post and it really is beautiful. We do find a strength, don’t we?
" You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. "
I’ve never seen your verse about beauty and terror before. I like it very much. May I take the liberty and post it on the ‘Grieving through poetry’ thread? Your final words reminded me of the ending of another poem:

'Be still,
Close your eyes,
Breathe.
Listen for my footfall in your heart,
I am not gone but merely walk within you…

Xx

1 Like

Hello Just any. I’m am so sorry you find yourself in this place. Diverliz has given good advice. You can keep going and you will. You’re amongst very good company on this site. If I may suggest, don’t just read recent posts but go back to very old posts, I think you’ll find many words which will help you. Sending love xx

Sorry that should read Justcant…:roll_eyes:

Of course you can post it… It’s by Rainer Maria Rilke. I saw it in the closing credits of the movie Jo Jo Rabbit, it broke me down, but the words really resonate with me… I like your verse too… I find poetry can be very powerful x

Hi Justcant,

I’m so sorry to hear about you feeling as though you can’t keep going any more. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116123, or jo@samaritans.org).
You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.
Sue Ryder also offers online bereavement counselling. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home.
Find out more and register: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You deserve care and support so please, get in touch with one of these services.
If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,
Michelle
Online Community Team.