Imminent loss

Hello to everyone. My mom has always had her share of health problems. She is 75. The past year has been steady decline…in/out of hospitals and rehab facilities. They finally mentioned hospice today. Her wbc is very very low and her body just can’t fight anymore. She has said she’s at peace and that is the route she wants to go.

Losing a parent has always been one of my worst fears and nightmares. I know she can’t fight anymore, nor do I expect her to. I’m just numb right now. Can’t sleep and feel sick to my stomach. I know the foreseeable future needs to be about her comfort and feelings. This is just so surreal. I understand it’s happening, but I’m just numb. I have 2 young boys and I’m the primary caregiver. It’s hard to think how I get through this while taking care of them and my husband. He’s been wonderful and has already offered to do whatever he needs to help.

It’s the middle of the night and I can’t sleep. Guess at this point I just needed to vent.

1 Like

I’m really sorry about your mom, @Shellbell79 - I can hear the pain in your post. We’ve written a support page on anticipatory grief which you might find helpful to read.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support but I wanted to share this with you too.

Take good care and keep reaching out,
Seaneen

Thank you for the link!