In laws

It’s 9 months since my wee wife gained her wings. I can’t look at her brother as I have let him down. I promised him that I would look after his wee sister. And I failed him and his family He has lost his sister and his kids an aunt and great aunt. I know his grandkids miss her. As I do. So very much she is my everything and I failed as a husband/father/son in law and brother in law

1 Like

Hi @Blueman,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Hello, why do you think you’ve failed?

I’m sure your just experiencing a normal aspect of grief, it’s all part of the process.

Illness no matter how much we try to save our loved ones just cannot be stopped sometimes.

For the moment just try to get through each day as best as you can, I felt like you once but it does pass.

2 Likes

I’m sure that is not the case at all…:heart:… sending you love…x​:pensive::broken_heart:

Dottie72
I feel I have failed as when my wife needed me the most I could not protect her. Some times I just want to join her. As I hate being on my own

@Blueman. I doubt very much that you failed her. I feel the same a lot of the time. I feel that if I’d come downstairs 30 seconds after my husband instead of a minute, I could’ve started CPR sooner. Maybe if I’d not spent time screaming down the phone for an ambulance and in a complete panic, I could’ve spared my children this horrific situation that’s been thrust upon them. It’s hideous but I know, deep down, there was nothing to be done. You must realise that too. We are not miracle workers but I DO understand your feelings completely and I’m so very sorry for your loss xx.