Injustice

I’ve been asked to post some more of my embryonic poetry…I hope you don’t mind…but it does me good and if it helps anyone else then all the better…
I’m sure everyone will relate to this …

What is the meaning to all this
I cannot comprehend
How life can be so sweet one day
The next it’s at an end

The one and only certainty
If born then we must die
But when the ones we love are taken
We still must ask why

But truthfully there is no reason
Order or a list
These bodies that transport our conscious soul are hit and miss

Within a flash a cancer can
Expose fragility
What lies around each corner
Mortal eyes can never see

Why is it that some evil people
Live a life that’s long
But the ones that give so much
Are taken way too young

And why does fortune favour some
Yet passes others by
What makes one person healthy
While others fade and die

There clearly is no fairness
In the way the cards are dealt
And a total lack of justice
When the pain of death is felt

…the lottery that is life…

Love to everyone on here :heavy_heart_exclamation:

27 Likes

Hi , what another brilliant poem , your so talented, it’s like you have got inside my brain with all my thoughts , I’m sure others will feel the same , please keep posting them , they do help such a lot ,thank you .xtake carex

6 Likes

Thank you…this is a hard lesson we are all learning …for some reason we can’t understand :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

It’s 20 months since my husband died, I still don’t understand why , out of all the people in the world , why did this happen to me and husband . I don’t understand how I have survived this long how life goes on for others ,yet I just muddle through each day hoping it’s my last so I can be happy again with him ,xtake carex

5 Likes

I’m with you… cept only 4 months for me…:broken_heart:

4 Likes

@UnityMan

This is brilliant x :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Broken2222

I too just get through each day hoping tomorrow is my day :sleepy::broken_heart: xxx

3 Likes

It’s all we have…but the ‘how’ is the uncertain bit…and that’s what keeps me going for now…my Sandie went relatively quickly …and by and large she was still happy and didn’t suffer too much…but lots of people on here watched thier loved ones go through turmoil…I also would be happy not to wake up tomorrow…but I dont want to enter a battle that I don’t want to win…especially on my own…so I guess that means I have to try and look after myself…the irony is horrible…:heartpulse:

4 Likes

Hi Unity Man,
Another one of your heartfelt poems so thank you. When I read one of your verses I know that my thoughts are what many of us feel and it’s just not me stuck in this horrible cycle of what can I do to make it less painful. Time I have found is not the great healer as I was led to believe along with some other meaningless quotes!!
Any way onward and upwards as another saying goes.
Keep posting,
Jenny.

1 Like

Thank you Jenny…I so agree with you…my next post may reflect your feelings…:heavy_heart_exclamation:

I’ll keep an eye out UnityMan for the next poem as you can put into words every thing that that so many of us can’t.
Having a bad day and thinking of driving to Wales where Pete is at peace.
Jenny.

1 Like

I also am having a downer…Eurovision on on Liverpool …Sandie was going to volunteer as a helper for it…resonating :sleepy:

@UnityMan spot on! I also wonder why are the good taken so young and the bad live for ever. Life indeed is so unfair and cruel. X

3 Likes

@Hazel.1966

Spot on !!! :broken_heart::sleepy::broken_heart::sleepy: xx

1 Like

@PollyjaneW so damn hard isn’t it :disappointed:we miss our lovely men so much :broken_heart: big hugs xx

3 Likes

@Hazel.1966

Extremely!! Still seems surreal :sleepy:

Big hugs xxx

1 Like

For sure … its a very hard road indeed … just keep going and i hope in time we can come to terms with it … i talked to my brother yesterday about my husband. It was really nice. Said i just miss his voice and him talking to me - does that sound silly -he said course it doesnt … think all you need sometimes is someone to listen to you xx

3 Likes

I can’t thank you enough for this. Can we share your poem with other please?

1 Like

Of course…please do …:heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Your poem had a way of putting my thoughts into words without even knowing me. I am amazed how a lot of us have the same feelings/thoughts here unlike our friends/family who have never experienced this depth of pain. Nor do I ever want them to. Thank you again

4 Likes