Is anybody out there?

Feeling a bit lost and lonely at this time, have had 3 chemos, due 3 more +radiotherapy, scary stuff, on my own since nursing my husband until he passed away, have friends, but no one close to share the not so good times.

Hi Treesha, welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear your situation.
It sounds like you’re having a tough time right now and I hope you will find some support here on the community. How long is it since your husband died?

Hi Treesha, welcome to the online community. It can feel lonely in hard times and as Sam has said, I hope you will find support here.

My husband died two years ago today, 24th July, I also had a review at oncology, which went reasonably well, thank you for your welcome, Treesha.

Hi Treesha, this must be a very difficult time on your husbands anniversary, I just wondered if any of the information here may be helpful for you at this tough time:

http://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-cope-bereavement

Thinking of you today and hoping you are okay.
Sam

Dear Treesha

I know how you feel. I am terminally ill with breast cancer and secondary cancers of the spine and liver. I have been on various drugs since I was diagnosed in 2011 and life isn’t easy by any means. I have also received 4 lots of radiotherapy, my initial one when I was operated on back in 2012 and 3 further treatments for pain control. It is scary, but you are not alone, there are plenty of men and women out there who are going through what you are. I have a website which I started in 2011 to try and help people understand what we go through when living with cancer. It mentions the good and bad times. I am have also joined two other forums where I can express what I feel. You will find plenty of support as well as here. Don’t give up hope, set up threads on how you feel or what you going through with the chemo or radiotherapy and ask if anyone else has had similar experiences. You will then find you are not alone, people will respond to you. Sorry for the sermon. I hope I make sense. Cookie17 xx

I lost my sister in April after a two year fight and I know she often had to vent her anger or talk about things she couldn’t with her husband any support I can give anyone who needs someone to talk to I’m here x

1 Like

Hi Angmac,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your sister. I see in your profile that you describe her as “your rock” - so you were clearly very close to her. It sounds as though you were a good sister and a good friend to her, supporting her and listening when she needed to vent.

Thanks so much for posting and for offering a listening ear to people on this site. Many people do find that it helps a little bit to be able to share things with people who understand.

For example, we’ve just had this post from Sludlam, who knows what it is like to lose a sibling, and who has also lost her parents: https://support.sueryder.org/community/life-after-bereavement/3yrs-and-almost-2yrs Feel free to reply if you can relate to some of what she has been through.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.