Is there an afterlife? Signs

I’ve also heard that our loved ones need to recover on the other side, my auntie really believes this. Obviously I know you don’t have all the answers but I’m curious to know your thoughts on it, why do they say that their soul needs time to recover from something that effects their physical body? My partners post mortem results came back today, as we expected it was his heart. His heart is in his physical body, he’s left that behind and if he is indeed on the other side why would he need to recover from his heart falling when he no longer has a beating heart? Death is usually caused by our physical organs falling, my belief would be that if we go on after death then we don’t need any of our organs (a reason why I’m all for organ donation) so what would there be to recover from if that makes sense? I don’t mean to come across as disbelieving, I so desperately want to believe that we’ll be reunited with our loved ones one day I’m just curious about your thoughts because you really seem to believe x

1 Like

@Sarlyn & @Lonely
I honestly don’t now how I would be coping without my faith. I truly believe we will be reunited one day and that it will then be for eternity.
Karen xxx

4 Likes

@LostLil
I too have heard this and I believe it is said it’s because the soul needs to rest. The body is just a shell and just ceases to exist along with anything that kept the body going. It is such a fascinating subject but I expect it’s because it’s all unknown to us the living. When my sofa started vibrating the night before my partner died, I 100% knew it was him coming to say goodbye, it could not have been anything else. He was on life support for 4 days and sadly I never got to see him in the ICU to hold his hand and let him know I was there as his 2 sons from his previous relationship stopped me going (long story). I have also had signs all through my life so have always believed until now where I have doubted everything because I have no reality of anything at the moment to hold on to, added to which I have no loved one’s left so you turn to facing your own mortality. It is probably best none of us know as if it was the case that we all just ceased to exist and there was nothing, life truly would mean nothing. It would be like being in a movie and then the movie ends and that’s it

4 Likes

Oh how odd that your sofa started vibrating :rofl: That’s definitely something that couldn’t fail to get your attention. Do you mind me asking what date you had the sign? Did you find out he had passed away long after your sofa vibrated? x

1 Like

@LostLil
It was the exact spot on the sofa where the paramedics were working on him before he was rushed to hospital and admitted to life support in ICU. The sofa started vibrating on the 1st March at 9pm and he died 2nd March am. It scared the life out of me as it felt like I was being pushed of the sofa and my dog felt it too as he jumped off and sat staring at it. I knew it was him

3 Likes

Wow, how bizarre. It must give you some comfort to know he came to say goodbye though :heart:
I’m sorry you didn’t get to see him at the ICU, do you ever think it’s disgusting the way unmarried partners are treated? My partners family have been brilliant but some of the official people treat me like I’m irrelevant. We’d been together 17 years, lived together, I loved him so much but it seems like in the eyes of the law I’m nobody to him and that really feels like a kick in the guts :broken_heart::sob:

2 Likes

Absolutely I believe! Days after mum passed, my son chose a random book (Fing, David Williams) out of a bookshelf full, and rather then start at the beginning, flicked, stopped on a chapter titled ‘MORE, MORE, MORE’ and said it over, and again. Those three words were among the last words mum said, wanting more water in hospital. When I broke the news to dad, through his tears that’s what he said when remembering her last words.
I know it was mum telling me all was ok.
I’m seeing a medium in may, so will hopefully have a message. I feel mum is very close to me, at most times which is a comfort x

1 Like

Further to my last, what I didn’t mention is that AT THAT EXACT TIME as my son chose g that page and reading MORE MORE MORE over and over again, I was texting an old work colleague about mum’s passing, and he was telling me I will notice signs she’s with me… It was unbelievable and I took a screenshot to show him…he said, yes, there you go.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss, like you I’m trying to understand and from kind of believing now I’m not

Heres a few things that have happened in my lifetime

When my grandma passed my dad woke up & said to my mum he had just had a nightmare that his heart had stopped beating, at that point the phone rang & my grandma had passed.

Before she passed on a hospital visit she kept saying she had seen A lady who said oh Annie I’ve not seen you for a long time, on asking she had no visitors that day but a ‘funny turn ‘

When my dad died 6 years ago he went in with mild pneumonia on one lung so they said because of his she they would keep him in overnight. So middle of the night the dreaded phone call happened. On the way home my husband said to me it’s so strange as a little earlier he had woken up feeling like he was gasping for breath

When my husband suddenly passed 4 weeks ago my sons girlfriend of 8 years said she woke up with horrendous pains in her stomach around 7.30. My husband brought out morning drinks up @ 7.20 I’ve found him at 9.50am and he was already cool etc so I think he went pretty quickly after bringing up the drinks

Sorry for all this but it is like they send a sign in some way to someone on their passing ? Xx

p.s. mine is not a partner loss … but two times! while my dad was hospitalized. I saw the Grim Reaper. he was up against a low wall in the kitchen. I saw him in my “Minds Eye” and my father passed a few weeks later.

Wow, what did the reaper look like? Stereotypical? Fascinating stuff

Haha, I was wondering that myself :rofl:
I think we have stereotypical views on what “God”, angels and aliens etc look like. Would be interesting to see what they actually look like if we meet them one day lol

1 Like

My mom had passed away 4 years before my dad, he was in hospital with a chest infection, when my sister went to visit one evening he told her that mom had been to see him. Apparently she was wearing a hat which she never did, he said that she had come to take him home, next day on the afternoon my sister had a call from the hospital to say he had passed away. At the time we thought he must have been dreaming about mom but it really makes you wonder doesn’t it?

It does make you wonder. My older sister died young at 35yrs from cancer a few years ago. The day she passed we were all with her around the bed. She opened her eyes and said ‘they have come for me now’ then closed her eyes and went. In a way it was comforting as we imagined our passed loved ones taking her on. xx

2 Likes

Sue has made herself known to me every day and especially today as its Sue’s birthday .i believe that there is an afterlife c

3 Likes

I thought I believed but since Bry passed 5 weeks ago - nothing . Am I looking too hard ? I’m desperate for a sign :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::broken_heart: x

2 Likes

I think there’s quite a few people on here who haven’t had any signs :broken_heart:
I’ve been desperate for a sign off my OH for the five weeks he’s been gone. He was the most caring person you could meet, worried sick about me and his family. Would always put me on the inside of the pavement, make me ring him when I arrived at where I was going if I went out in the car etc, when his dad died he worried sick about his mam because he could see how broken she was. There’s absolutely no way in a million years he wouldn’t come back to let us know he’s ok if he could. I’ve sat here bawling my eyes out absolutely begging for something to know he’s ok and at peace and I’ve had nothing.

4 Likes

And I find it impossible to just believe based on what other people say because I’m sorry I don’t believe for a minute my lost loved ones are any less capable of giving me a sign than their loved ones and I don’t believe for a single minute my OH loved us all any less than their loved ones. I still keep asking though and I am going to go and see a medium as sceptical as I am. I hope one day I’ll come back and tell everyone I believe now :rofl::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Im desperately waiting for anything from my dad. We were so close so i struggle to understand why i havent seen/heard anything that would suggest the afterlife exisits. Certainly not disbelieving any experiences anyone else has had but its all personal isnt it. Oddly, i find muself screaming at dad, want to know where the eff he is!! And why hasnt he been to see me. My birthday is coming up, maybe ill see him then. I hold out hope. Xx

2 Likes

:sleepy::sleepy::broken_heart:

Bry was the same re pavement etc and worked so so hard for us all. He would never leave me in peace at home either if I was on the loo or the shower he would come up to wind me up so I keep begging him to do it again . Hopefully when he feels the time is right he will & hopefully it will happen for you too :pray::heart:

1 Like