It’s all on me now

I’m feeling so frustrated , lonely, and just don’t know which way to turn sometimes .
16 months on I’m trying to get some kind of organisation back In my life …… unsuccessfully.
I just feel everything is falling on me I help out with the grandkids and I come home and there’s no one to talk about things , my mum is 84 and all of a sudden has started to have panic attacks god knows why and I have no one to talk to about it when I get home . I’m a carer and sometimes work long hours and again got no one to come home to and talk about my day the worst thing is coming in from work at gone 10pm to and empty quiet dark house I HATE IT !!!
Having said all this what option do I have but to just carry on the only thing is that I can sob my heart out and no one knows about it .

8 Likes

Bless you kazzer I know how you feel I lost my hubby 6 months ago in August and I have never felt so alone and frightened of the future. I’m 59 and to think this is how I’m going to feel for 20 years maybe is so scary. We didn’t have any children so I don’t have that all I have is two dogs. My mum is also in her 80s and I try to stay strong for her so she doesn’t see me upset I wait till I’m on my own and just cry and cry. All our plans for a retirement together gone. Nothing is the same now and I hate my life. Coming home to a cold dark house is dreadful and having no one to tell about my day is awful

2 Likes

It’s so hard trying to think of a future without your soulmate and I think it it’s the grief that muddles our brains because like you I can’t structure anything just think about getting through next week, it’s such a lonely road, hugs xx

2 Likes

I know what you mean Kazzer. My mum is ill, my MIL is end of life and I hate coming home to an empty house. All the joy has gone. Sending hugs

2 Likes

Jules4 nice to see you still here hope your as well as can be expected xx

Just plodding on - but wondering what all the hard work is for now.

1 Like

Plodding on - those really are right words. Same thing every day let’s hope it gets better. X

2 Likes

Dear Kazzer

In a similar situation. I am now looking after our two grandsons after their mam returned to work recently. I just about manage the job on my own but the pain knowing that my husband had agreed that we would look after them as a team just adds to the heartbreak. And as you say we return home and there is no one to talk to and you look around spotting all the things that need done in the house which would have been shared previously. Its just over sixteen months for me now and the pain is the same as day 1.

1 Like

Dear all, that’s the worse isn’t it coming home to an empty house and nobody to share your day? The looking after the maintenance of our home is sometimes too much, I find myself going round the house just adding jobs to my list, we don’t seem to get a break do we?

2 Likes