I've lost my Mum

Hello, I lost my Mum to blood cancer on 14th December 2023. My heart is broken. She was 87. I cant think straight, I can’t eat, I feel sick and my stomach is a mess. I cant stop crying. I feel I’m being eaten by this grief I feel. She was my world and my best friend and now she’s gone. We had the funeral last Tuesday and then she was buried with my Dad. I feel worse now than before the funeral. I’m so broken, thank u fir reading x

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I took lost my mum new year’s day she was 83 but very sudden she just died at home on the couch after getting ready for bed. I wasn’t there to say goodbye like I was with my dad who died of cancer five years ago. I try to think that it was a privilege to have mum for so long and that we had such a special relationship since dad died just the two of us. We were best friends and I told her on many occasion. Our mums knee how much we loved then words aren’t always needed. Everything you’re feeling is normal. I was the same before the funeral but since it’s so rough. I’m lost because I spent so much time with her. Trying to motivate myself but I’ve been poorly with flu since the funeral so been difficult. This grief journey will take time to navigate but I’m trying to remember what a string and inspirational lady my mum was and what she’d be saying to me now. Her and dad have been reunited and they were just the best parents. I will try to find the new normal in time just like she’d want me to. So try not to be too hard in yourself Sending love and strength :heart:

3 Likes

@Impy1936
Im sending you my love, if i had any strength left id send you that as well :broken_heart:
X

3 Likes

So sorry. I’ve also lost both my parents, dad most recently and he was everything to me. It’s a pain like no other. They are the ones who have been there all our lives, through good times and bad, and we’ve never known a world without them, until now. I felt worse after the funeral, I think that’s normal, it’s when reality starts to set in. Much love and hugs. :heart:

3 Likes

Hi,
I think when we have a funeral to plan, it gives us something to focus on, keeps us occupied for at least some of the time, but after the funeral is over, it’s like, what now? Our loved ones are gone, it’s a big shock, & an empty space. Sending hugs of support.

3 Likes

So true!! Everyone goes back to their lives and normality but our normality is no more because we don’t have our mums. And trying to navigate into any new normal is scary :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so scared of how i feel, it literally comes out of nowhere and bam, I’m a sobbing mess. I work in a busy Dr surgery, it’s so hard to be positive at the moment. I just want her back, so raw. She was such a positive smiley person, she was and still is, my world. My Dad died 31 years ago, his anniversary was 4 days b4 the funeral. It brought it all back. Thank you for all your kind messages xx

3 Likes

I lost my mum on 7th December. She was 69. Died of bowel ischemia. Im so sorry for your loss. Take every minute as it comes. Im booked in for bereavement counselling. Maybe you could look into this. Xx

2 Likes

It’s awful when it comes out of nowhere, like a sudden blow, and you don’t know what to do with yourself. Even worse when you’re in a busy environment. :heart:

3 Likes

Hiya I’ve just come across your post and I’m in a very similar position as you were 11 day’s ago. I’d just like to say that I hope you are coping and sending my condolences and love :heart:

1 Like