Jan22

My husband of 52 years died last May,he had been fighting Cancer for3years.I miss him and talk to his photos every day.His phrase during his illness was ‘it is what it is,I used to find that very irritating but now I find it helpful and repeat it a lot

3 Likes

They are wise words - thank you for sharing them with us, @Jan22passerby1 :blue_heart:

Sorry for the loss of your Husband i lost my husband to Cancer 4 months ago he was just the same i think i found it harder to cope with then he did he was always making jokes saying well i will not to pay for a hair cut now as i will loss my hair when the chemo starts and would laugh about it i also talk to him all the time

1 Like

@Jan22passerby1 that is comforting, my phrase is “I do my best” which I repeat a lot nowadays.

2 Likes

Thank you,that’s a useful phrase. As well

1 Like

@Jan22passerby1
So sorry for your loss. xxx
That sounds a good phrase as we cannot change what has happened so it really is what it is. Accepting that is the first hurdle to making a new life as far as I can see.
I also tell myself ‘I did it,’ with an achievement to keep my confidence going that I can do things.
Love to you
Karen x

1 Like

Thank you Karen.
I did it is a great phrase as well.I feel so proud of myself whenever I do something new
Xx

1 Like

I was proud of myself today. Did a seven mile walk with two of my lovely supportive friends. We had breakfast then did the walk. It is the first longish walk I’ve done since we lost David and it was wonderful. I expect I’ll pay for it tomorrow and be as stiff as a board. Hope you all sleep well. Love to you all. Jean.

2 Likes

Well done @Jean8 . Hope you’re not too stiff today. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve found that walking has been my saviour since Roger died,mainly on my own,quiet time for reflection away from the memories in the house.
Enjoy.xx

1 Like