Janette

My wife of 44yrs was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia in March this year. We were told it was terminal and she had only a few months left. That was a bombshell! Janette was very strong throughout you wouldn’t have thought anything was wrong as she continued to do the things she always done. On our wedding anniversary in August knowing it would be our last we stayed in a castle in a remote Glen in Scotland. The day after our anniversary she complained of a headache which got steadily worse and she was eventually admitted to hospital. Janette had a bleed on the brain she started going downhill but was allowed home. A couple of weeks later she was readmitted and went into a coma I was allowed to stay with her until she passed 5 days later. Janette had donated her body to medical science so no funeral. Its so difficult not having anyone in the house after all these years. I’m struggling to cope and at times don’t really see any point on living from day to day. No one to discuss things with or go out for a meal with. I have a dog Flynn that keeps me going

4 Likes

I was married 44years when my husband died I also have my husbands lovely dog belle a present he got on his retirement she is my everything you take care annie x

2 Likes

Hi, it’s very difficult seeing how we can continue with any kind of life and having been with her through those last days you will feel very depressed. My sister died from the same thing and she too was very fit and active but that really didn’t make any difference.
I am really pleased you have a dog because that makes it you have something in your house to love. Life has changed and it will never be the same but honestly you will get through this it’s what she would want. Take care and look after Finn. S xx

1 Like

Thank you Susie As you say everything has changed. It has only been a couple of months but seems like a lifetime. I will just have to take each day one at a time. Not looking forward to the festive season

So very sorry for your loss. I am exactly the same, miss having that special person to share home with, have meals together and simply chat to.
I have a little cat who is great company.
I’m sure we’ve all been there, wondering what’s the point of going on, but somehow we do, a day at a time. It’s so hard, especially at this time of year.
Take care

2 Likes

Thanks Annie 44 yrs is a long time. I met Janette 50 yrs ago this year on a blind date and got married 6 yrs later. Yes the dog means everything he is upset too has taken to sleep in our bedroom; so have to look after him
Take care

1 Like

Hi Janie it’s really comforting to know I’m not along and other people who have lost partners are all feeling the same way.
It’s not the same getting a take away and have a glass of wine wine on your own. My dog Flynn keeps me on my toes gives me a reason to get up in the morning
Take care Robert

2 Likes