Just joined..hello

Lost the love of my life to cancer in 2020, my husband of 35 years, the bottom of my world fell through. Think I’ve cried almost everyday since.
I feel guilty when I allow my grief to show to others, I don’t want it to bring them down too.
I can’t move on, I don’t know how to :no_mouth:

5 Likes

I know how you feel lost my hubby in August I cry everyday had a bad melt down tonight not looking forward to new year without my darling Jim he should be here with me we had made so many plans all of which are now shelved forever . I miss him so very much I feel worse then I did in August

4 Likes

I lost my husband Glen in July… I was hoping to be asleep by the time the new year came but I am lying here crying listening to the fireworks
I am trying to be positive and make my own plans for my new future but it is so hard. I know he would be encouraging me to be happy and get on with life but I miss him so much. He was my best friend. The only person who really understood me. I just want to fast forward to a time where it doesn’t hurt so much.

3 Likes

Sending you a hug x just take care and one step at a time. X

1 Like

i know how you feel i lost my husband just over 6 weeks ago i didnd do christmas and was glad to see the back of 2021
i just live one day at a time i dont even think of the future yet or try to make plans
now these 2 hurdles are over try and focus on yourself more of fixing the big void you have been left with and just concentrate of moving forward one step and day at a time not try to jump forward too quickly by trying to plan your future im sure that will come in time but just think of the now pat

4 Likes

It’s still such early days for you. Yes one day at a time. It is 6 months today for me and it is generally easier. I know it will get better. I just look forward to the time when I can enjoy the memories with happiness and not pain. I still find it hard to accept I will never see him again, hear his voice, his laugh, feel his touch. That is the hardest thing. We will get through this painful journey and come out stronger people that they would be proud of.

1 Like

thank you for replying we had such a good life and so many happy memoires thats what keeps me going i think of the good times we had
that is the hardest part of knowing i will never see him again still miss comeing in and not being able to tell him who i saw and what they said
i know it will get better in time

pat

1 Like

Dear @Mand4

Welcome to the Community. I am sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.

Grief is so overwhelming and carries a mixture of emotions. Grief has no time limit and you just have to take it one day at a time as you are doing.

Have you considered having Counselling? The following organisations will be of help and support to you along with the Online Community. There are topics on Losing a Partner which will connect you to community members who have experienced what you are going through.

Cruse Bereavement offer a helpline, email support and groups through their local services.
http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services

Sue Ryder has bereavement informatiuon and support pages
https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/coping-with-grief-bereavement

There are also a couple of organisations you can chat to as well as the ones I have listed above and they are the Samaritans on 116 123 or Shout by text on 85258.

Please take care of yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for the help :two_hearts:

1 Like

Dear @Mand4
I am sorry your world has collapsed, we all get it, even though we are all at different times in this journey we didn’t ask to be on
You may find some comfort and perhaps practical advice here, but we all understand how life will never be the same for you.
I hope you have friends family & neighbours who will be there when you need them.
The tidal wave of grief is relentless. The love we have for our soulmates will never die, we are so lucky to have loved and be loved so much.
I am approaching the one year anniversary of my husbands passing due to covid and don’t know how to get through it. Xmas & new year were hard enough.
I wish you strength, take care of yourself
Maigret

1 Like