Just lost partner of 21 years

Thank you. Working from home was good whilst my partner was ill as we were able to spend 24x7 together til he passed, it’s definitely a disadvantage now. You definitely get your eyes opened at other people’s behaviour with grief. 9 wks after my partner passed his children were round asking about money and my intentions, very upsetting

Mine have been pretty awful too telling me what to do when I do. Well that’s when I see them, but have left me alone for a fortnight as I guess they think Im over it! Keep your chin up - although believe me I know how hard it is and the dark nights and bad weather don’t help at all.

I know how hard it is my husband passed away suddenly last year and it feels like it’s the end of my life too. We must keep going even though our hearts are broken. How I’ve carried on i don’t know just take one day at a time even one hour at a time. I miss my life I had with my husband just want him back

I know you feel forced into a life you don’t want. We had a good life together too and spent a lot of time together as we were best friends too. Sometimes its easier being on your own than spending time with people because no matter who you are with it’s not who you want to be with, does that make sense?

2 Likes

Yeah it does make sense that’s all I want is to be with him. I don’t want anyone else only to be together again. I hope I don’t have loads of lonely years ahead of me not coping as it is. Just getting through each day is so difficult without my husband and best friend soul mate. He is my life and always will be

1 Like

It makes complete sense and I find I am happier on my own than with others too maybe as we spent a lot of time just in each other’s company

1 Like