JUST SAYING

Dear Jules4

You are so right. And people wonder why I do not want to venture outside the house unless I have to. A few people at the beginning tried to tell me my husband died doing what he loved. Well I loved him and hopefully he loved me more than the bike. At that moment I said nothing but I do not think that I could hold in the pain and anger if anyone said it to me now.

This time last year we were sitting celebrating St. Georges Day. My husband would put out his St. George’s flag and have a beer. Tomorrow is his birthday. I have cleaned the bungalow and touched up some of the walls where our little grandson has left his greasy little finger prints. Anything to distract me. He would be 61 tomorrow. I cannot believe in less than 12 months my world has been totally shattered into so many pieces it cannot be fixed.

Taking myself off for the day tomorrow - cannot sit in the house looking at his empty seat.

Take care.
Sheila

2 Likes

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope you manage to find a moment of peace somewhere.

2 Likes

Oh dear, James - that must have been a hurtful comment from your daughter. I find it safer to keep my feelings to myself to all but very dear friends who have either lost someone themselves or who I know I can trust to empathise. That narrows the choice down some! That’s why this forum is so valuable.

1 Like

Hi there James
I hope you will forgive me coming in on your posts two days late but I have been giving it some thought.
As you rightly say your daughter didn’t mean any harm but I suspect that she would dearly love to have the father she knows back again and I bet she has cried buckets worrying about you.
You ‘rocked’ with all your interests and I understand that you have lost the will as a person to continue with a life and it must deeply distress your daughter to see her Dad like this. She simply wants her Dad back and probably feels helpless to help you to climb out of the quick sand of grief that you and so many of us have found ourselves in.
We all know that having an outside interest, taking care of ourselves and you above all must know that exercise is the best way forward but having the motivation is another thing altogether. Your daughter and her partner are probably hoping to see you come back to them as the man you once was or at least a part of him.

1 Like

Hi jules I have read some of your posts and I think we lost our husbands at a similar time. My husband died 3 weeks ago in my arms with lung cancer. I miss him like crazy. I am left with 2 troubled kids and a kind of aching sadness. Contact me any time, just awful isn’t it?!

Hi thete Pattinson. I am late with my post but I just read your reply to James.
When my mum died and dad was left alone,my children were quite young and they never wanted to visit grand dad. I put it down to their age but they told me later that they hated to see their grand dad looking so sad and being grumpy with them. They felt left out and missed his former self.

1 Like

Sorry about spelling. I meant to reply to Pattidot.

1 Like