Life goes on?

I prayed and prayed and hoped that a miracle would happen, its so hard to except the loss of someone you loved so much, I suffered from terrible anticipatory grief but it still never prepared me for when it actually happened, i will always be heartbroken. X

2 Likes

Just the same for me Wayne.

2 Likes

I was exactly the same my husband passed away 7 weeks ago after a very agressive cancer took over him in just 8 weeks the pain watching someone u love so so much lose the fight is your worst nightmare but as you all say nothing ever prepares you for whats to come im totally devastated the grief is unimaginable

4 Likes

Yeh loads of people were praying for him too and it didnt help !!! Thats what makes me mad ! It doesnt make sense ! Why ??? He had so much to live for but he was taken anyway !!! My husband said why is it always me :frowning: but he was so damn brave you know … xx

1 Like

Same here.we had such a short time together after he was diagnosed.thanks to the negligence of the NHS. & they had only given him 2 Months.he knew he was dying & he said to me once l didnt want to face it.

2 Likes

Yeh nothing prepares you for the horror of it all ! You are in the very early days when it really hits you ! I felt like someone had hit me with a sledgehammer ! It does ease up … slowly though … Xx

2 Likes

That’s the worst part, why, why was it our loved ones taken, we had so many plans for our future as I’m sure you had, it’s not fair, life it so cruel, there are so many evil bad people on this planet that are still alive, so why take the person we love so dearly​:broken_heart::broken_heart:. X

3 Likes

Yeh exactly … so many bad people and the person we adored was taken :frowning: i said to him few days before he went … i dont want you to go … he said i don’t want to go either !!! So unfair ! I think the unfairness of it all makes me angry … he was a good person and didnt deserve this as im sure your wife was xxx

3 Likes

I feel so angry and bitter that I lost my Julie, she taught children in a behaviour support school, I used to always joke with her that’s she was such a ‘ do gooder’ she didn’t have a bad bone in her body and would never have hurt or offended anyone ever, so why was it her.
I was so lucky to have spent 32 years with her, but I still wanted many more years, the only thing keeping me going is that I hope I can see her again, if there’s something on the other side​:broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:. X

3 Likes

Yeh it doesnt seem fair does it ? Not fair at all … look after yourself … that’s all we can do … im so disappointed with the human race … i found them to be so callous when it comes to loss of our loved one ! Makes you miss them even more really when you realise how rubbish people are :frowning: there are a few kind people about but seem to be few and far between fron my experience … take care xx

2 Likes

Yep ,I feel exactly the same ,I’m stunned at the reactions of some people ,even people I thought I could trust to just ask how I was or pop in , nothing.
Its made me feel even more protective of my wonderful husband who died in June this year, he still deserves recognition.
But as you say we have to try and go on through this heartache and utter sadness.
Thinking of you all on this site x

2 Likes

Yep i know … really horrible isnt it how people cant really be bothered !!! Even people like you say people you thought you could trust and rely on … shame on them ! Just self care as i was told in the early days … xx

2 Likes

People are so self centred these days, one of our friends of 40 years, or that’s what I thought they were. Couldn’t even be bothered going to my Julie’s funeral, she decided to fly off on holiday instead and I have not heard from you since, that’s someone I thought was a close friend, I think to myself I hope you feel the pain I’m going through one day and you’ll know how I felt, but that would make me the same as her and my Julie wouldn’t have ever wanted that, I think family and community are so broken these days

4 Likes

So sad , at this present time i have no words about im speechless tbh ,but yes i have quietly thought just wait till you lose your partner ,its a different heartache to losing a parent / sibling or whoever ,not that losing them is any less significant but i feel a different grief Im not a vindictive person at all ,but wait till they decide they need me, I wont be there for them, this is about people needing just a bit of time or reassurance going through such turmoil and its not a lot to ask, a call ,a kind word, not much to ask is it ?
Glad i found this site ,even talking on here helps x

3 Likes

I totally agree with you when my sister died I went out of my way to help my brother in law always there for him including having him for holidays Christmas just generally being there for him ten years on when my husband died it took him five weeks to come to see me although he only lives in the next street two minutes walk that was Jan he’s been nowhere since I like to think what goes around comes around

2 Likes

So totally agree with that … family and community spirit are broken i agree and so this makes it doubly hard for us doesn’t it :frowning: i just wish i could find that happiness again my husband gave me … just a bit of it would be nice but im afraid the world has so little peace to offer us these days … because as you say people are so selfish !! Its alright my own brother went abroad to see his son in canada ( probably prearranged but still ) and didnt tell me he couldnt go to my husbands funeral until after he had got there !!! Unbelievable !!! Xx

1 Like

Yeh somebody said that to me … dont be there for them when they need you !!! And i won’t be ! Sorry, but as you say what comes around goes around i will only be there for the people who were there for me ! I dont think thats being vindictive i think it serves them right ! X

2 Likes

Trouble is Debs I’ve never been like that so yes it hurts when they completely ignore you x

2 Likes

No neither have i /we !! My husband did so much for people because he was a kind man ! But it seems people don’t really want to give back do they ! So i won’t be giving back to them ! Im done with wasting my energy on people im afraid !

2 Likes

I agree with you all about people ignoring you. I have always been there for everyone but not anymore and it hurts me to think I feel like this.

1 Like