Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle 2022 and 2023

A bit of a Christmas Eve tradition for the Sue Ryder Community. It was started by the lovely @amelie_sgran. I have copied her introduction below and maybe it’s something we would like to continue with this year. Love to you @amelie_sgran, wherever you are x :rainbow:

When I posted the light a candle post on the “How will we cope at Christmas?” thread, I wasn’t sure if others would think it a good idea but many people have replied so this post is to try and co-ordinate our collective candle lighting!! The idea is that we each light a candle at the same time on Christmas Eve…each candle (whatever kind we choose) is our tribute to the one(s) we have lost (whatever our relationship to them), but by lighting them at the same time each of us will be joined in time and space and know that none of us are completely alone…Christmas is an especially poignant anniversary…perhaps the light from all our candles will shine into the darkness and give us all hope. Would 7 o’clock be suitable for you? Please use this thread to agree a mutually convenient time. Many thanks.
Take care…love and blessings to everyone . X

57 Likes

That’s a lovely idea. What a nice way to bring us together and remember our loved ones xx

9 Likes

I apologise, I didn’t seen the post “lighting a Christmas eve candle” - and started one up “Christmas eve candle”.

I came across a saying –
This candle burns in loving memory of those who are forever present in our hearts.

G. X

13 Likes

7p.m Christmas eve I will light 2 candles for my husband and my only child my lovely son.I will thunk of you all doing the same.God Bless Marg xxx

14 Likes

Hi Rainbow yes I will be lighting my Christmas candle this year as I did last its a wonderful way to feel close to our lost loved ones 7pm fine for me. X

6 Likes

Yes, I will light a candle x

6 Likes

Christmas eve 7pm.

“This candle burns in loving memory of those who are forever present in our hearts.”

G. Xx

8 Likes

I’ve just merged your thread with this topic, @Grandma :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I miss the lovely @amelie_sgran

3 Likes

Hi all
I will be there with you all as usual lighting my candles.

Pat

5 Likes

I will light a candle 7pm on Christmas Eve :candle:
Debbie x

4 Likes

That’s a lovely idea. I will light one for my 32 yr old son who passed suddenly 15th November 2022. Sending love and light to you all xxx

12 Likes

God bless you Lynn I too have lost my son.Christmas Eve we will all over the country be lighting a candle at the same time for our loved ones.There will be a wonderful light shining over them xxxx

5 Likes

Will definitely do this again this year, I got a lot of comfort from doing this last year and asked my family and friends to do it as well.

5 Likes

I will be right there with all you lovely people in lighting a candle to remember our loved ones :heart: @Misty2012 I too got alot of comfort from doing it and my family members also joined in xxxx

5 Likes

Yes I will light a candle for my two lovely boys who left in 2021. Thank you for thinking of this. a lovely idea x

6 Likes

yes i will light a candle at 7pm.to remember all the loved ones we have lost .it will bring us all together.

5 Likes

I lost my love ,my husband on 5th November 2022 so yes it’s still very raw and the sadness is immense,the nights are endless :sleepy:
I really love this idea that together we join together at 7pm :revolving_hearts: it will be like a huge hug for us all as we know so many will be doing the same.
Great love and God bless you all.
Sending hugs.x

8 Likes

Sending much love to you. I lost my 32 yr old son on the 15th November 2022 and my heart is broken. To light theses candles together as you say will be like a huge hug. God bless xxx

7 Likes

Sending you much love. My heart will be broken forever. Xxxx

5 Likes