Living Alone

Good Morning!
I am sure we all feel being on our own without our much-loved ones is the worst thing that will ever happen. How to cope living on our own… Has anybody tried having somebody live-in with them - lodger, companion etc? The next few days it is wet here in West Sussex so lots of opportunity to catch up indoors! I keep busy - however 18 months on from my husband’s death I still feel so alone/empty with nobody to share things with - meals/outings/chit-chat etc!
Have been looking at the idea of a part-time share live/in somebody! Would that in fact be an even worse scenario?
xCarole

Oh dear! Apologies! Heading should have been Living Alone!
Rather an oops! day… Left my towel at the pool… Wondered why the washing was taking so long - forgot to close the door! And it’s only mid-day!
x

I have just finished with a man after 2 months because he was angling to move in with me. I live in a 3 bed cottage in a nice conservation area and he lives in a studio in sheltered housing…It was a deal breaker!

I now have my female cousin moving in for 3 months & paying me some nominal rent whilst she rents her flat out to AirBNB as her work has dried up. It will be company for both of us, no strings,she will help look after my dog when I’m working and a temporary solution .

Beware of the wolves (men!) at your door who can sniff out loneliness. It’s better to have a business arrangement when renting a room. Good luck! x

This could be a good idea, share the bills, chores and house/ dog sitting but you need to be clear about what/ where they can use .I’d hate to have someone sitting in my partners’s chair- sharing the bathroom/ kitchen only you know if it would bother you.

This could be a good idea, share the bills, chores and house/ dog sitting but you need to be clear about what/ where they can use .I’d hate to have someone sitting in my partners’s chair- sharing the bathroom/ kitchen only you know if it would bother you.

Thanks for replies. I am thinking about this for when I move - what type of home do I want next. There are agencies who match people. Friends have moved away who lived close by and I have the situation where people tend to say…you know where I am if you want anything!!
I don’t think I want to downsize to a flat or a retirement complex. It will be a few more months before I make the decision and so just looking at different ideas at the moment. This lovely home is simply too big and although it has helped to keep me sane/busy - looking ahead it would make sense to have less to worry about!
xCarole